The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Get your hat ready @SuperBacon.
Download 2021 has been cancelled. Not really a surprise as it was scheduled for just prior to the date that the government has proposed to do away with all restrictions.

They have announced that it will return in 2022 (June 10th-12th) and have announced the three headliners. 
KISS and Biffy Clyro have been retained again for the Friday and Sunday slots, with Iron Maiden headlining the Saturday. Rest of the lineup looks like it’s going to be completely rebooked from scratch

i3KzcPj.jpg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Get your hat ready @SuperBacon.
Download 2021 has been cancelled. Not really a surprise as it was scheduled for just prior to the date that the government has proposed to do away with all restrictions.

They have announced that it will return in 2022 (June 10th-12th) and have announced the three headliners. 
KISS and Biffy Clyro have been retained again for the Friday and Sunday slots, with Iron Maiden headlining the Saturday. Rest of the lineup looks like it’s going to be completely rebooked from scratch

i3KzcPj.jpg

I'm not having that and have consulted VAR.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

ahhh fucking hell, so sad.

I remember his initial post about having cancer, it was only about 6 months ago.

Always loved Entombed, they had a 2 or 3 album stretch of straight up classics. Along with Sepultura they were probably my first introduction to anything related to death metal, perfect gateway band to the genre  Such an influential band in terms of sound too, so many bands have flat out pinched their guitar sound.

RIP LG Petrov.

Due to the ongoing situation surrounding COVID, Mercyful Fate have pulled out of Bloodstock 2021, but will headline in 2022. 
Kreator have been announced as their replacement in the Saturday headline slot

Other cancellations include: 

Phil Anselmo & The Illegals
Butcher Babies
Life of Agony
Sacred Reich
Necrot
Exhumed 
Unto Others

New additions include: 

Bloodshot Dawn
Seidblot
Evile

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

FB_IMG_1615289926009.thumb.jpg.86836dd0da873e8be741362b6757d98a.jpg

Kreator headlining feels right to me. They put on a headline-worthy stage show last time they played as sub-headliner so they'll bring some shit with them. 

I really like the lineup, you gotta give em abit of a pass this year (if it happens) but i like that there's some bands on that main stage you might not usually expect to see there, like Svalvard, Conjurer and Bloodshot Dawn.

Ive been to Bloodstock 8-9 times now and the main stage started to feel abit recycled which was understandable, but of that main stage lineup i think ive only seen 5 of the bands play the stage before.

If this thing gets the full on green light its gonna sell out quickly though isnt it?