The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

It's not the first time that band has had members with such accusations against them or the member now in question either, and others close to the situation are claiming that the band as a whole have known about this while actively trying to keep it quiet even with threats towards victims. The whole thing fucking stinks.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You’re you’re right it’s a not a typical Bloodstock, Gloryhammer are playing third from the top for Christ’s sake, but it’s probably as good a bill as they could’ve hoped to put together under the circumstances.

It’ll be interesting to see whether or not While She Sleeps will get the same kind of treatment that King 810 got the other year.

I thought King 810 went down quite well at Bloodstock. I think a large majority of the audience didnt quite know what to make of it but they weren't poorly recieved by any stretch from what i remember.

Im sure While She Sleeps will go down well. Ive always found that bands you think will get hammered always go down well at Bloodstock, Skindred being the obvious example a few years ago. 

Don’t get me wrong, I had nothing against King 810 being on the bill and the pocket of the crowd we were in enjoyed them, but we were also next to a small but loud bunch who clearly didn’t like that they were on. Similar story in the campsite where everyone around us seemed really put out that they were on the bill at all.

Outside of the few people we were near, the impression we got was that people either didn’t care for them one way or the way other or they really wanted you to know that they didn’t like them.

While She Sleeps are one of those acts that I feel as though they’ll get some stick for being “too popular for Bloodstock”, which is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard come out of someone’s mouth 

I just saw that Kurokuma are playing, they're excellent but I'm surprised by it. If I had to compare them to anyone I'd say they're maybe the UK's answer to The Body, Bloodstock seems to shy away from the more avant garde side of metal and plays it safe imo.

I'm not saying they should book some super underground frost Nazi band either, far from it, maybe take a chance on a pretty well known artist like a Chelsea Wolfe who I think would fucking hypnotize the usuals there. Just go outside the most basic definition of metal a little more.

Tbf I'm just selfish and want a Roadburn but close.

Edited by Merzbow

10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Tbf I'm just selfish and want a Roadburn but close.

You need to go to Doomlines in Sheffield. Joe from Kurokuma and a couple of other good guys promote as Holy Spider and put some awesome gigs on but that's their big yearly event. They've booked us on a few things but we played Doomlines in 2019 when The Body headlined and it was a ridiculously good day.

No photo description available.

Mayhem have coasted for so many years on the 90's infamy, they haven't been bad exactly but they've never been anything special either after Grand Declaration of War. I'd argue that even at their most infamous they were in the lower half of black metal bands around that time.

• Paid Members

they did the same tour in 2012 and played two nights at the Forum i think. Not sure the capacity there, it was only 4 dates overall as well. I cant believe that tour was 9 years ago though, scary.

I saw Hundred Reasons perform Ideas Above Our Station in full at Hevy Fest in 2012 and they were brilliant and so were Hell Is For Heroes in 2018 so I have no doubt it will be a cracking night.

I never realised Ideas Above Our Station got to number six in the album charts when it came out. 

They were massive at one point. I saw them a LOT as their earlier incarnations and then as Hundred Reasons, purely from where I was from/lived/hung out.

First 'big' gig I ever saw them at was supporting Papa Roach on their first trip over at Brixton, and they looked completely lost. But apart from that one time, every gig from them has been spot on.

I know it's such an awful, awful thing to say (and it's not how I personally see things) but I truly believe they were seen as an incredibly un-marketable band, and if image was different, they'd have easily been as big as Biffy or someone like that.

Oratorio live makes me feel like I can headbutt through a wall, when it crescendos.

Plus Colin once knocked over my entire pint at a Sensefield gig and spent a good 10 minutes apologising, despite me saying it was fine (was seething, I was skint! ) Good lads.