The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 8/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

@Egg Shenand I’m imagining that Butcher Babies got the anti-pop, they’re fucking shit.

Static X are an interesting choice but I’d be up for watching them. Guessing that Behemoth haven’t been rebooked to headline as I’m sure they would’ve announced them, unless they’re announcing more over the next two days.

I’m hoping that his set makes it to the Bloodstock YouTube channel eventually (the headline sets usually do but not for a few months afterwards), he doesn’t disappoint.

I know you mentioned that you only went for the day, but there anything noticeably different in terms of COVID measures? Or was it just like ‘The Before Times’?

Who's singing for Static-X now? 

Anthrax have announced dates for their 40th Anniversary tour in 2022, with Municipal Waste opening which could make a really good night out. I won’t call it a UK tour because, well, see below

Sept 27:  Birmingham O2 Academy
Sept 29:  Manchester Academy
Sept 30: Glasgow O2 Academy
Oct 01: Newcastle O2 City Hall
Oct 03: Leeds O2 Academy
Oct 04: Nottingham Rock City
Oct 06: Bristol O2 Academy
Oct 08: London O2 Academy Brixton

Edited by WyattSheepMask

That's still a damn sight better than the usual Glasgow, Manchester, London "UK tour". I've only ever seen Municipal Waste live once at a little club show in Leeds maybe 15 years ago with Mistress as support and it's still one of the best gigs I've ever been to. That should be an ace gig.

The new Quicksand record is really good. Much better than their previous one. Plus Stephen Brodsky from Cave In seems to have joined them. Not sure if it's just a live thing or a permanent but it's a great addition.

All these bands who are getting back together after 20-odd years all seem to have a lacklustre comeback album, but then really find themselves for the follow up. Quicksand, American Football, Refused.

I'm sure I'll get around to listening to it at some point but the singles haven't left me feeling too excited for the album. I love shoegaze but like with Alcest's Shelter I don't really want to hear all those dull post-rock tropes in my 'gaze.

Lantlos' Wildhund is a perfect example of how to move away from black metal, a seriously amazing album.

• Paid Members

anyone seen this Gloryhammer drama going? they had unusually high billing at Bloodstock this year despite being a naff pardoy power metal band, but they are massively popular... well, they're fucked:

guess this'll be the end of both Gloryhammer & Alestorm.