The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked Incineration Fest for next year. I know it's technically a bit of a gamble in these times, but we got the flights on the house with the Ryanair voucher I had in lieu of being able to fly to Download today. Hopefully we'll be good to go by then. The setup looks fantastic and both myself and herself like the blacker end of things so I'm really excited. Emperor and Dark Funeral are high on my extreme bucket list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Black metal is the absolute fucking worst when it comes to racist douchebags. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure I'd lump them in with actual racists, as many of them seem to be "racist" because they think it makes them seem edgy and dangerous.

In reality, they just come off as berks.

• Paid Members

The new Lamb of God album is absolutely sensational. Check it out if you get some spare time, this band just keeps getting better and better.

The album opens with a song called Memento Mori which is superb, summed up by this YouTube comment 

I’d love to see them headline a big festival next year although I can’t see it happening. Maybe headlining a second stage somewhere, here’s hoping. 

2CAC8DFD-DDB5-400E-8281-F9ECBB11A764.jpeg

Some metal label has started this "Fuck Racism" campaign and the first thing they do is feature the dude from Integrity who's pretty well known in the scene as sketchy as hell (best mates with Boyd Rice etc), has his own racist as label, too. There's a lot of loudly anti-fascist bands today but fuck me, it's hard to tell who's grifting and who means it.

Dave Mustaine from Megadeath is another that should be added to the list in that article. 

A friend of mine's band went on a US tour with them a few years back and backstage at a show Dave asked asked one of them where in the UK he was from. He said Coventry and Dave replied with "Oh yeah, lot of Muslims there, isn't there? Don't worry though, they'll be the first to go when the day of reckoning happens" (I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact wording). They had a bit of a heated debated about it as they'd seen all the InfoWars stickers plastered all over Dave's amps and next day they got a phone call from the bands manager saying they were being dropped from the tour due to their "poor record sales in the US" even though their US sales are more than their UK ones, and that they'd done numerous sell out, headline tours of the US already.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Dave Mustaine from Megadeath is another that should be added to the list in that article. 

A friend of mine's band went on a US tour with them a few years back and backstage at a show Dave asked asked one of them where in the UK he was from. He said Coventry and Dave replied with "Oh yeah, lot of Muslims there, isn't there? Don't worry though, they'll be the first to go when the day of reckoning happens" (I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact wording). They had a bit of a heated debated about it as they'd seen all the InfoWars stickers plastered all over Dave's amps and next day they got a phone call from the bands manager saying they were being dropped from the tour due to their "poor record sales in the US" even though their US sales are more than their UK ones, and that they'd done numerous sell out, headline tours of the US already.

what band was that?

20 hours ago, David said:

Black metal is the absolute fucking worst when it comes to racist douchebags. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure I'd lump them in with actual racists, as many of them seem to be "racist" because they think it makes them seem edgy and dangerous.

In reality, they just come off as berks.

They really do, bunch of fucking dweebs.