Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:09 AM, King Mal the Glorious said:

If we're going to pimp our mates' bands, my bros in Live Burial have just put out their second album. Old school Death Metal that doesn't fall into the trap of being derivative and formulaic.

I love a bit of Live Burial. Definitely a band I'd like to gig with.

While we're going all local band, may aswell be a dirty shill and link to a record we put out last year. The plan was to record the follow up in May but that's obviously gone tits up. So many good bands I've been hoping for new music from that have been put at a standstill because of all this virus malarkey.

Just discovered the band "strapping young lad" and I am really digging them, the headaches are worth it, been on a huge downer and spiralling out of control with some things again and I'm finding it really helpful

It's extreme metal

Ralphy, head down the Devin Townsend rabbit hole son, it'll keep you busy this weekend. 

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Ralphy, head down the Devin Townsend rabbit hole son, it'll keep you busy this weekend. 

On it like gromit

Coiled As Devilry's first EP is out now if you fancy it.

Now on Bandcamp

Edited by DEF

Bloodstock are rolling over the 2020 festival to next year and adding an extra day, running from August 11th-15th 2021. The lineup is largely unchanged, but the biggest change is Behemoth no longer headlining, they’re off the bill entirely most likely due to being booked for something else, and a new headliner is to be announced

Edited by WyattSheepMask

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i dunno if i can handle a 4 dayer😫 

5 days you mean Egg. It’s already a 3.5 dayer with how they’ve run the Thursday in previous years. I imagine it will be two days with a lot of unsigned bands and then the regular 3 days.

Gutted that Hatebreed arn’t going to make it for 2021, was really looking forward to them in the tent

Edited by WyattSheepMask

There's going to be a shitload of smaller and unsigned bands getting slots next year if it's 5 days. I'd assume they'll probably give slots to those that were entered in Metal To The Masses, I think they were at the semi final stages.

Interested to see who replaces Behemoth.

According to the Bloodstock forum (I know, I know...) Behemoth were “too big” to be headlining anyway.

I don’t even know where to start with that

The same forum that begged for Priest for ten years and then moaned continuously when they were announced as playing it again?

Opeth haven't done it in a while and would go down well with that crowd.

The exact same. I know you shouldn’t take any notice of them because it’s such a small percentage of the fanbase, but there’s just no pleasing them, theyre much the same as wrestling fans.

I do like the thinking that Behemoth were “too big”, but apparently Judas Priest arn’t. Surely being able to attract “big bands” to your headline slot is good for the festival, no?

As for Opeth, one of my favourite bands and I think the last time they played it was during the Pale Communion tour cycle, but they have alienated a lot of fans since they dropped the death metal vocals and went more prog. It’s been  nearly 10 years but apparently some still arn’t over it despite Opeth being one of the best live bands around. As much as I love them, I don’t think they’d shift much in the way of extra tickets and I think Bloodstock are at a stage now where they can get acts who can outdraw them. Ghost could be worth a punt as they could have a new album out by then and last time over here they were on a (reduced setup) arena tour 

Edited by WyattSheepMask