Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 4, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted May 4, 2020 i dunno if i can handle a 4 dayer? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 4, 2020 Posted May 4, 2020 (edited) 4 hours ago, Egg Shen said: i dunno if i can handle a 4 dayer? 5 days you mean Egg. It’s already a 3.5 dayer with how they’ve run the Thursday in previous years. I imagine it will be two days with a lot of unsigned bands and then the regular 3 days. Gutted that Hatebreed arn’t going to make it for 2021, was really looking forward to them in the tent Edited May 4, 2020 by WyattSheepMask Quote
cobra_gordo Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 There's going to be a shitload of smaller and unsigned bands getting slots next year if it's 5 days. I'd assume they'll probably give slots to those that were entered in Metal To The Masses, I think they were at the semi final stages. Interested to see who replaces Behemoth. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 According to the Bloodstock forum (I know, I know...) Behemoth were “too big” to be headlining anyway. I don’t even know where to start with that Quote
cobra_gordo Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 The same forum that begged for Priest for ten years and then moaned continuously when they were announced as playing it again? Opeth haven't done it in a while and would go down well with that crowd. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 (edited) The exact same. I know you shouldn’t take any notice of them because it’s such a small percentage of the fanbase, but there’s just no pleasing them, theyre much the same as wrestling fans. I do like the thinking that Behemoth were “too big”, but apparently Judas Priest arn’t. Surely being able to attract “big bands” to your headline slot is good for the festival, no? As for Opeth, one of my favourite bands and I think the last time they played it was during the Pale Communion tour cycle, but they have alienated a lot of fans since they dropped the death metal vocals and went more prog. It’s been nearly 10 years but apparently some still arn’t over it despite Opeth being one of the best live bands around. As much as I love them, I don’t think they’d shift much in the way of extra tickets and I think Bloodstock are at a stage now where they can get acts who can outdraw them. Ghost could be worth a punt as they could have a new album out by then and last time over here they were on a (reduced setup) arena tour Edited May 6, 2020 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 7, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted May 7, 2020 On 5/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, WyattSheepMask said: 5 days you mean Egg. It’s already a 3.5 dayer with how they’ve run the Thursday in previous years. I imagine it will be two days with a lot of unsigned bands and then the regular 3 days. The last 3 times ive gone, ive arrived Friday morning and got someone to pitch my tent on the Thursday, it's 3 days for me ? Quote
Merzbow Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 (edited) Katatonia's new album is fucking gorgeous, if you've enjoyed Anathema's move towards prog-rock but not given these guys a listen in recent years you'll likely enjoy it. Edited May 7, 2020 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 7, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted May 7, 2020 i actually listened to some Katatonia a few weeks back, the back catalogue is daunting to get into though. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted May 13, 2020 Posted May 13, 2020 On 5/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, Merzbow said: Katatonia's new album is fucking gorgeous, if you've enjoyed Anathema's move towards prog-rock but not given these guys a listen in recent years you'll likely enjoy it. Had a listen to this on my walk this morning, and it really is a beautiful piece of work. Going to check out the last few albums too as I’ve not listened to them properly since Night is the New Day Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 13, 2020 Posted May 13, 2020 Don’t know if anyone would be interested but Joey Cape is doing an acoustic Lagwagon gig on Saturday (Lagwagon day!) that’s a pay what you like affair on Stageit. I watched his one he did with his solo stuff and it was really good. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 14, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted May 14, 2020 Yeh, I like the sound of that. If anyone's into a bit of melodic hardcore, Strike Anywhere just dropped their first 2 songs in 11 years, lovely stuff. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 14, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 14, 2020 So Covid postponed 2000 Trees and pushed it back to next year so they've been doing a fundraiser for it. I've just bought the right to name the fancy dress theme next year. I can't explain how excited I am. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 14, 2020 Posted May 14, 2020 2 hours ago, Shy Dad said: So Covid postponed 2000 Trees and pushed it back to next year so they've been doing a fundraiser for it. I've just bought the right to name the fancy dress theme next year. I can't explain how excited I am. Mark Henry: Through The Ages. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 14, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 14, 2020 Thats what I do. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.