The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i dunno if i can handle a 4 dayer😫 

5 days you mean Egg. It’s already a 3.5 dayer with how they’ve run the Thursday in previous years. I imagine it will be two days with a lot of unsigned bands and then the regular 3 days.

Gutted that Hatebreed arn’t going to make it for 2021, was really looking forward to them in the tent

Edited by WyattSheepMask

There's going to be a shitload of smaller and unsigned bands getting slots next year if it's 5 days. I'd assume they'll probably give slots to those that were entered in Metal To The Masses, I think they were at the semi final stages.

Interested to see who replaces Behemoth.

The exact same. I know you shouldn’t take any notice of them because it’s such a small percentage of the fanbase, but there’s just no pleasing them, theyre much the same as wrestling fans.

I do like the thinking that Behemoth were “too big”, but apparently Judas Priest arn’t. Surely being able to attract “big bands” to your headline slot is good for the festival, no?

As for Opeth, one of my favourite bands and I think the last time they played it was during the Pale Communion tour cycle, but they have alienated a lot of fans since they dropped the death metal vocals and went more prog. It’s been  nearly 10 years but apparently some still arn’t over it despite Opeth being one of the best live bands around. As much as I love them, I don’t think they’d shift much in the way of extra tickets and I think Bloodstock are at a stage now where they can get acts who can outdraw them. Ghost could be worth a punt as they could have a new album out by then and last time over here they were on a (reduced setup) arena tour 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 5/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

5 days you mean Egg. It’s already a 3.5 dayer with how they’ve run the Thursday in previous years. I imagine it will be two days with a lot of unsigned bands and then the regular 3 days.

The last 3 times ive gone, ive arrived Friday morning and got someone to pitch my tent on the Thursday, it's 3 days for me 😄

On 5/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, Merzbow said:

Katatonia's new album is fucking gorgeous, if you've enjoyed Anathema's move towards prog-rock but not given these guys a listen in recent years you'll likely enjoy it.

Had a listen to this on my walk this morning, and it really is a beautiful piece of work. 

Going to check out the last few albums too as I’ve not listened to them properly since Night is the New Day

Don’t know if anyone would be interested but Joey Cape is doing an acoustic Lagwagon gig on Saturday (Lagwagon day!) that’s a pay what you like affair on Stageit. I watched his one he did with his solo stuff and it was really good. 

2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

So Covid postponed 2000 Trees and pushed it back to next year so they've been doing a fundraiser for it. 

I've just bought the right to name the fancy dress theme next year. 

I can't explain how excited I am. 

Mark Henry: Through The Ages.