The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

It always seems to be the bigger festivals. I’ve been to plenty over smaller ones like 2000 Trees and Hevy and never seen a single spot of trouble. 

I remember when I first went to Hevy in about 2011/12 and it was the first non-Reading or Leeds festival I’d been too. I woke up on the first night at about 4am to complete silence and thought someone had pulled a prank and move me and my tent while I was sleeping. It was so disorienting there not being noise and commotion 24/7 at a festival. I got out of my tent and the place was empty. No pilled up 17 year olds desperately trying to keep the party going. 

34 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It always seems to be the bigger festivals. I’ve been to plenty over smaller ones like 2000 Trees and Hevy and never seen a single spot of trouble. 

I remember when I first went to Hevy in about 2011/12 and it was the first non-Reading or Leeds festival I’d been too. I woke up on the first night at about 4am to complete silence and thought someone had pulled a prank and move me and my tent while I was sleeping. It was so disorienting there not being noise and commotion 24/7 at a festival. I got out of my tent and the place was empty. No pilled up 17 year olds desperately trying to keep the party going. 

That’s because they were all crying themselves to sleep the big emos.

• Paid Members

Yeh, ive been to Bloodstock 8-9 times and ive never seen any trouble there, super friendly atmosphere. Ive been to numerous other smaller festivals and its been fine too, Leeds/Reading were by far the worst in terms of behaviour, at the time it was almost part of the appeal, i wouldnt go back though, except for perhaps a day.

• Paid Members

yeh maybe its cause i generally camp towards the edge of the campsite and away from the main footpaths? ive never had any issue there, the campsite is generally tame though. Lots of pissed people and music going off but no trouble.

• Paid Members

I’ve been to Glastonbury 4 times since early 00’s, last one in 2016, no bother whatsoever. Leeds 3 times in the same time frame, and always bother. 

My observations are that Leeds had more ‘lads on the piss’ and booze just brings out the bellend in bellends. More people getting fucked on crates of Fosters and lines of coke, where as glasto was more people smoking joints or tripping. Not everyone obviously, but it’s a noticeable difference in tone and atmosphere. Definitely far more pleasant and enjoyable in my opinion.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Slapnut said:

I’d love to know what’s considered mean spirited when compared to somebody being set on fire!

Ha was very tired when posting that. Bogs not boys. Although the very first night I went to reading there was a chap with his shoe on fire who was hammered trying  to put it out with a newspaper.

• Paid Members

I think someone has found my old iPod from 2009 as this festival in Alabama is just a copy+paste of my listening habits back then;

1378263769_Annotation2020-02-13105719.jpg.b6a61f2d3725f71ee0a59147ad60c2f6.jpg

Also announced: Appleseed Cast, Avail, Boysetsfire, Casket Lottery, Codeseven, Comeback Kid, Evergreen Terrace, Further Seems Forever, Haste, Norma Jean, Terminal and Unearth.

The From Autumn To Ashes reunion is worth the price of the ticket alone but the whole line-up is incredible. Extremely jealous of not being able to attend this barn-burner.

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I think someone has found my old iPod from 2009 as this festival in Alabama is just a copy+paste of my listening habits back then;

1378263769_Annotation2020-02-13105719.jpg.b6a61f2d3725f71ee0a59147ad60c2f6.jpg

Also announced: Appleseed Cast, Avail, Boysetsfire, Casket Lottery, Codeseven, Comeback Kid, Evergreen Terrace, Further Seems Forever, Haste, Norma Jean, Terminal and Unearth.

The From Autumn To Ashes reunion is worth the price of the ticket alone but the whole line-up is incredible. Extremely jealous of not being able to attend this barn-burner.

My god. That line up has just told my parents to fuck off and lit a dog end down the park.

The Juliana Theory!!!! As Friends Rust!!! Ugh....

Cave In are still going lads. They played here last year and were immense.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, King Mal the Glorious said:

I don't really care for punk but I liked them way back in the day, might go to the Newcastle one depending on ticket price.

SeeTickets have tickets as £28.35 (that includes the fees) for both standing stalls and in the balcony.

UK Subs have been announced as the support act too