The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Rammstein are definitely in their own little thing away from Industrial Metal, NDH or whatever that little German genre is. They're much closer to electro/dance music.

Industrial is a fucked genre anyway, you get vastly different sounds under the same umbrella and that's even before you get to the many subgenres.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I quite enjoyed that.

If we're going to pimp our mates' bands, my bros in Live Burial have just put out their second album. Old school Death Metal that doesn't fall into the trap of being derivative and formulaic.

Heh small world, I know their guitarist from way back when I was at uni. Good stuff indeed. 

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Watched that documentary about Fat Wreck Chords the other day. Was pretty good but Fat Mike is such a prick. 

I used to really like Epitaph Records and that whole punk scene when I was a teenager but NOFX were the one band I couldn't get into because of Fat Mike coming across as such an insufferable cunt.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:09 AM, King Mal the Glorious said:

If we're going to pimp our mates' bands, my bros in Live Burial have just put out their second album. Old school Death Metal that doesn't fall into the trap of being derivative and formulaic.

I love a bit of Live Burial. Definitely a band I'd like to gig with.

While we're going all local band, may aswell be a dirty shill and link to a record we put out last year. The plan was to record the follow up in May but that's obviously gone tits up. So many good bands I've been hoping for new music from that have been put at a standstill because of all this virus malarkey.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodstock are rolling over the 2020 festival to next year and adding an extra day, running from August 11th-15th 2021. The lineup is largely unchanged, but the biggest change is Behemoth no longer headlining, they’re off the bill entirely most likely due to being booked for something else, and a new headliner is to be announced

Edited by WyattSheepMask