The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

MtY3NKK.jpg

Think the majority of it is rebooked from this years cancelled festival. Needless to say a lot have got their knickers in a twist about it over on twitter, apparently Biffy Clyro “don’t deserve it” whereas A Day To Remember do, it’s just the usual shit that you get with anything these days.

I’ll most likely only go for the Friday for KISS, which was the plan this year, but depending who gets added to fill out the rest of the card I could be tempted for the weekend

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Biffy are probably a fresh choice when it comes to something like Download, and I loath to come across all patch jacket on it, but to me they're probably one of the more paint dry things to ever happen in human endeavour. 

Hell is reading the replies underneath the official announcement on Twitter.

I'd love to see them try and come up with a festival that has to turn a profit. Have a whipround with your mates off the forum and book Maiden in your local park if you're that bothered.

Great line up, I think I'll go to the Saturday to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Only_The_Strong_Survive said:

I’m happy with this. Hopefully with Maiden now not playing KSE will get a longer and later set with them clashing with Biffy

Second Stage seems to run like clockwork, it’s the main stage that gets a bit of leeway depending whose playing. Slayer got 90minutes on the second stage in 2019 but they’re the exception. KSE I reckon you’ll get 75minutes

• Paid Members

would love to have seen Deftones given the headline slot, some bands just in that sub-headliner slot and never make the leap. I probably wont go but theres enough there id enjoy if i did.

Revisiting a lot of UK emo/post hardcore today, and I have to share in case there is anyone that has never heard them, but honestly Spy Versus Spy were just such an excellent band, that deserved way more success than they got.

One thing with them is that they were a massive influence on most bands that saw/heard them so there is that legacy they leave. But my god what a band. Fucking wicked live as well.

This EP is a good introduction to them https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXcVcuaA3U&list=RDAMVMmof-qbKQKdI and features this, which is probably one of my all time favourite tracks of theirs.

I like Biffy. Their first couple of albums are fucking excellent and whilst the shift in direction isn't massively for me, and hasn't been for a while, they're still one of the very best at what they do.

57 remains one of the greatest live singalongs as well. 

Edit: 27 as well, after revisiting some of the early stuff today....."I still feel the pain in my heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart"

Edited by SuperBacon

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I got dragged along to a Biffy gig at the NIA a few years back; it was filled to the brim with the Dark Fruits crowd and a stark comparison to their energetic, guitar-smashing set at Download in 2008. Not for me, at least not anymore.

Biffy were incredible headlining Download in 2017.