The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

G.I.S.M have signed with Relapse, I doubt we'll see a new album but looking on Spotify they've uploaded a new release of Detestation before any official announcement has been made.

At least I'll be able to get an official copy at last, there have been so many bootlegs.

And speaking of Relapse, they're putting out a new Boris and Merzbow collab.

8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Pup have released a new EP, This Place Sucks Ass, and it is Pup doing Pup things, and has brightened up my Sunday morning no end, so have a listen if that sort of shit floats your boat.

Hadn’t heard of these until two days ago when a song from their last album popped up in a random Spotify playlist. Instantly became a fan, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Pup have released a new EP, This Place Sucks Ass, and it is Pup doing Pup things, and has brightened up my Sunday morning no end, so have a listen if that sort of shit floats your boat.

Many thanks that's on my listen list now. 

15 hours ago, Slapnut said:

Hadn’t heard of these until two days ago when a song from their last album popped up in a random Spotify playlist. Instantly became a fan, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Yeah, Morbid Stuff was an excellent album. I love Pup. A really unfussy band, who just make excellent high energy music that zips along. 

Be sure to check out the album before that, The Dream Is Over.  Another absolute cracker.

I am THE biggest fan of bring me the horizon ( my firstborn son is called ollie just to give you 1 example of how much of a fan i am) 
So i have been fully invested in there recent releases on the road to this new EP out this week. 
However, it has leaked and has been out there to find for the past 3 days or so and i am so happy/excited to say this EP is the best release they have done for about 5 years now.

The entire thing is a real throwback and nod to there heavier day's as a band. With the opener song "Dear diary" tearing your face off and has Oli screaming the entire way through. 
The weakest track on the EP by a far margin is the final track with Amy Lee which although it is a beautiful song, It really is a huge contrast to the rest of the EP and end's the release on abit of a low note instead of ending on a massive high with a super fast/heavy song to close this first or three ep's they are planning to put out over the next year. 

It has made it's way very high up if not at the top of my album's of the year (And even though this year has been so shit for the music industry thanks to Covid. The only good thing to actually come out of it all is the absolutely unbelievable albums/ep's/releases from bands) 

I would give it a 8 and a half maybe 9 out of 10!! If you haven't yet checked it out my god you owe it to yourself to hear it 

49 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I am THE biggest fan of bring me the horizon ( my firstborn son is called ollie just to give you 1 example of how much of a fan i am) 
So i have been fully invested in there recent releases on the road to this new EP out this week. 
However, it has leaked and has been out there to find for the past 3 days or so and i am so happy/excited to say this EP is the best release they have done for about 5 years now.

The entire thing is a real throwback and nod to there heavier day's as a band. With the opener song "Dear diary" tearing your face off and has Oli screaming the entire way through. 
The weakest track on the EP by a far margin is the final track with Amy Lee which although it is a beautiful song, It really is a huge contrast to the rest of the EP and end's the release on abit of a low note instead of ending on a massive high with a super fast/heavy song to close this first or three ep's they are planning to put out over the next year. 

It has made it's way very high up if not at the top of my album's of the year (And even though this year has been so shit for the music industry thanks to Covid. The only good thing to actually come out of it all is the absolutely unbelievable albums/ep's/releases from bands) 

I would give it a 8 and a half maybe 9 out of 10!! If you haven't yet checked it out my god you owe it to yourself to hear it 

Tl; dr: its awful.