The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

its shocking news 😔 if you haven't heard it, i highly recommend you check out Nightmare Logic. 

Was lucky enough to have caught them twice live in 2018, once opening for Trivium and Code Orange, they stole the show that night. Then early at Bloodstock 2018 when they were probably the band of the weekend despite playing so early, just awesome, no nonsense thrash metal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deftones-Ohms

Deftones doing what Deftones do best. Expansive, energetic, tight, angry, heavy fucking metal. Genesis, Urantia, This Link Is Dead, Radiant City and the title track are the standouts, and there's really only one duffer, Headless. Can't wait to hear some of it live, and still the best band in the world for me.

Idles- Ultra Mono

Very enjoyable, and made me stomp up the river at a pace I rarely achieve, so it's energy wore off on me. 

Some of the lyrics are fucking hilarious (unintentionally), but if you want lyricism in rock, I dunno, go and listen to Tom Petty or something.

Are Idles 'punk'? I don't know and I don't care. Do they say some stupid things in interviews? Definitely Clive. What I do know is that I had a load of fun listening to this, and 15 year old me would've probably thought they were the greatest band ever. Model Village is brilliant.

I want to be at a festival with 50,000 people singing "You're Joe Cal-fucking-Zaghe"

Obsidian Kingdom put our their third album (Meat Machine) yesterday. As is their style, it’s totally different from their last outing which itself was totally different from the debut album. I definitely preferred this one to their previous effort though.

It straddles all sorts of genres and influences, but if you’ve got a spare 48ish minutes it’s worth a go