DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

The more I hear people complain abut the protagonists in attack the block the more I think it was a brave decision to do it like that, there's been so much hate for it it's crazy.

They come off as dicks to begin with, but the plot shows they're actually not as bad as they make themselves out as.

I remember enjoying it when it came out but also thought it wouldn't stand up to later viewings because it's so twist heavy.

I finished watching it and watched it again straight away. Such a good film.

Add me to the list of Lucky Number Slevin, such an awesome film, I enjoy re-watching it with people who haven't seen it before to see their reaction to it.

Watched In Time the other night, its gash.

A really nice idea and story but executed terribly. The film started well at a good pace, telling the basic story as well as it could really but then a mixture of over complications and too many sub stories meant it just blitzed through the rest and didnt get hold of me at all. Cillian Murphy just phoned it in throughout his entire performance and in the end the film just felt really daft. Avoid!

Has The Running Man been remastered? I m watching it on Film 4, looks like it was made yesterday in terms of picture quality, print colours etc?

As for films watched. Busted out the VHS (most recorded from TV a long while ago) and settled down to watch a few over the last few days

Three Amigos. Cracking comedy, it is looking a little ragged round the edges now at 26! and some of the plot makes no sense SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Why do they need to go to the Singing Bush and summon the invisible swordsman, when it doesnt accomplish anything?

but it still has some very funny moments and is a decent watch.. Plethoras, Hethe?

Kingpin very funny film, still gets some laughs. I dont find the gross out landlady so gross though, maybe the slew of gross out comedies since have lessened the blow somewhat. It still has some glaring plot holes and some dodgy moments but is decent nonetheless

The Corruptor Mark Wahlberg/ Chow Yun Fat, in a decent enough cop thriller set in chinatown. Les Ripeux is a much better corrupt cop film, but it has some nice twists and some good camera work. Decent enough little film. Mark Wahlberg looks about 12 in it though

Escape from LA.. It's not as bad as is made out. The special effects are horrendouse and always have been, but dead pan 'Snake', Steve Buscemi, Michelle Forbes and Pam Grier do a good job of upping the camp factor to 11. Peter Fonda as the surfer dude is cringe worthy though. It is bad, just not uber shit.

Yeah, Cashback's decent fun. Doesn't rewarding another viewing at all, though. Wasn't expecting a Nick Hancock appearance either!

Yeah Hancock was a surprise, but I didn't like that whole scene at all though. Seemed really out of place.

I don't think I'll watch it again, like you said it doesn't warrant repeat viewings. Apart from one or two scenes that is. Know what I mean? Eh? Eh? HIGH FIVE!

The way I always think of it is that if Crank was Neveldine/Taylor writing a script thinking "Wouldn't it be funny if this happened?", Crank 2 was "Well, we did that last time, so I suppose we'll have to do this to top it." The only bit I remember enjoying was the Fuck You, Chelios montage.

Edited by Stone Cold Jane Austen