DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Might get a slap for only just watching it but i finally watched:

Alien

And without having to go into a large write up about it, its very very good. A few little bits kinda of bothered me a little bit, (such as how that robot bloke gets into the Mother interface room, without making any noise, only for Ripley to leave and make shit loads of "WHIR/BZZZ" sounds via the door on the way out), but i cant believe i didnt watch it sooner! Also is Ripley rather hot? I cant decide to be honest. Also Ripley calling "Mother" a bitch when the ship is exploding was great.

Cracking film anyway, and a great movie to watch!

8.5/10

Aliens is on this week (Wednesday i believe) so i'll be checking that out as well!

• Paid Members

Is it the special edition? If not, watch it soon after because it does add a lot to the film. It's not essential but there are some great things in it.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members
Is it the special edition? If not, watch it soon after because it does add a lot to the film. It's not essential but there are some great things in it.

If this is aimed at me, i have no idea. Its whatever version Channel 4 normally show!

Looks as though it's over 3 hours long with ads so it should be the special edition. If it has any bits with Newt's parents, then it's that version.

• Paid Members

If this is aimed at me, i have no idea. Its whatever version Channel 4 normally show!

Looks as though it's over 3 hours long with ads so it should be the special edition. If it has any bits with Newt's parents, then it's that version.

Cool :thumbsup:

I'll be checking it out either way, as i randomly never got around to seeing any of the Alien films (bar the unrelated/terrible AVP movies).

Just a quick one on top of this one then, of the various Alien movies, which is the best/your personal favourite?

• Paid Members
Cool :thumbsup:

I'll be checking it out either way, as i randomly never got around to seeing any of the Alien films (bar the unrelated/terrible AVP movies).

Just a quick one on top of this one then, of the various Alien movies, which is the best/your personal favourite?

Aliens is the best one and my favourite. All three of them are excellent, though.

Special Edition is worse than the original edit. We had this argument before, Gladders. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now. Don't make me hurt you.

• Paid Members
Special Edition is worse than the original edit. We had this argument before, Gladders. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now. Don't make me hurt you.

Settle down, Penfold.

• Paid Members

He's that bad in everything except Bill & Ted. He's just terrible.

Mind you, it's a terrible film full stop. Al Pacino is perhaps even worse because he should be able to do better. It does pick up towards the end when Connie Nielson gets them out, though.

I only got round to watching the Aliens quadrilogy a week ago (entirely due to the Top 50 list on here) and have to say that Alien is ever so slighly better than Aliens. Alien 3 wasn't helped by crap CGI and Resurrection isn't good but not as bad as people make out I think.

Also got round to watching Drive. It's a lovely looking movie, well acted by everyone involved and that soundtrack is sexual.

• Paid Members

At least Pacino only turns up now and again. Reeves is all over this, doing a Zack Ryder. It's been over ten years since I last watched this, I used to think it was good.

Still, Connie Nielson. Woof!

The special effects in Alien 3 are a shame and does the film a big disservice. I know a number of people who can't get into the film because of it.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members
Resurrection isn't good but not as bad as people make out I think.

Oh, it fucking is.

I was supposed to go to a midnight screening of Alien last month, but it clashed with something, so I ended up introducing my girlfriend to the series by means of DVD. Even she couldn't bare more than 20 minutes of Resurrection. It really is utter, utter wank and completely devoid of anything worthwhile.

• Paid Members

Resurrection isn't a proper Alien film anyway, Joss Whedon was involved. The twat.

I didn't find the effects in Alien3 THAT off-putting, but they certainly were not good. The funny thing is that the most offending scenes were ones that we probably didn't really need to see anyway.

Resurrection isn't good but not as bad as people make out I think.

Oh, it fucking is.

I was supposed to go to a midnight screening of Alien last month, but it clashed with something, so I ended up introducing my girlfriend to the series by means of DVD. Even she couldn't bare more than 20 minutes of Resurrection. It really is utter, utter wank and completely devoid of anything worthwhile.

Oh don't get me wrong it's not good and I'll almost certainly never watch it again but I was expecting one of the worst films ever made and got something that was quite fun and very dumb. The hybrid alien thing did look hilarious though!

Watched a documentary on the Alien franchise and it's amazing the problems Alien 3 had to the point that David Fincher has disowned it.