DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Cashback is pretty rotten. I might watch Crank 2 in a bit. Read the script years ago, still haven't seen the film, although I love the first one.

I prefer Crank 2 to the first one. It's mental, but just so much fun.

It's his best film, I reckon. It's also one of John Woo's best films. Arnold Vosloo is a great villain, too.

I prefer Bloodsport for a whole host of reasons and like UniSol and Timecop as among JCVD's best. But Hard Target is brilliant. It's as close as a version American Film was going to get of Hard Boiled. Vosloo is excellent. Hendriksen as a complete bastard is a joy and in general it is an underrated gem.

• Paid Members

Watched The Sting last night, as recommended by the UKFF Top 50 Films thread. Really enjoyable and the musical score is just fantastic throughout. Won't discuss the plot much, as it would be hard to do so without spoiling it for others, but I would highly recommend it. Robert Redford was a right good-looking bastard at the time too, the Brad Pitt resemblance is particularly striking in this.

Hard Target also has Van Damme's most ridiculous character name ever (yes, even more ridiculous than 'Gibson Rickenbacker') in the form of 'Chance Boudreaux'.

Where Woo is concerned, his best American movie is Face/Off, surely? Gloriously OTT and Cage's mega-acting in full effect.

Switched off In Time last night. Good concept, horrible script, dodgy acting.

• Paid Members
My favorite Woo film is Bullet in the Head, although I'm not quite sure why. I *know* it's not as good as Hard Boiled, but I just love it.

I'd say that The Killer, and the first two A Better Tomorrow films are better than either of those. Bullet In The Head never really had a chance with me though, due to my irrational dislike of Tony Leung.

Where Woo is concerned, his best American movie is Face/Off, surely? Gloriously OTT and Cage's mega-acting in full effect.

Im not too keen on Face/Off. It doesnt 'click' with me for whatever reason and stuff like the ludicrous prison break and then the Mexican stand off at the end just don't sit well. Nic Cage is great as Castor Troy, but when the swap happens the film loses some of it's potential, as John Travolta's take on Castor Troy just isnt that great. I thought Travolta was much better for Woo in Broken Arrow. However that's just me.

I'm with Rosegarden Funeral with Bullet in The Head being Woo's best that I've seen this far.

Incase anyone is reading Series 7: The Contenders is about to start on Film 4