DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

The Final Destination is shit, isnt it?

Too much CGI,naff deaths and a complete lack of empathy with any of the characters. Et voila it's become a really bad pastiche of itself.

Awful

• Paid Members

Too much CGI,naff deaths and a complete lack of empathy with any of the characters. Et voila it's become a really bad pastiche of itself.

Awful

Come on man, it's only halfway through!

The 5th one is a lot better, was pleasantly surprised with it.

Come on man, it's only halfway through!

The 5th one is a lot better, was pleasantly surprised with it.

I stand by my original statement. It's shit.

Order of Final Destination films that I've seen thus far would be:- 1,3,2, TFD (4)

I've not seen 2 for a goodly long while though.

• Paid Members

Awful

I find that if you approach the final desination sequels as comedies, you enjoy them a hell of a lot more.

• Paid Members

Currently going through the entire series (well the story so far) of Dexter. Mainly to see what all the fuss is about. So far, I like it. Michael C. Hall is pretty brilliant.

• Paid Members
I watched 1 and thought it was shit, didn't bother with a single sequel.

That's s good idea if you didn't like the first one, aren't you clever?

4 is a bit shit, 5 is definitely worth watching if you like the movies at all though.

I am clever, yes. I used the simple power of deduction to figure out that if I didn't enjoy the first film about strangers all dying in wacky and unusual ways, that any of the (is it 5 or 6 now?) sequels wouldn't appeal to me either.

Same way that when I read one of your posts and think it's rubbish, I can safely assume any following posts you make will also be rubbish. I haven't been proven wrong with that yet either.

• Paid Members
Currently going through the entire series (well the story so far) of Dexter. Mainly to see what all the fuss is about. So far, I like it. Michael C. Hall is pretty brilliant.

Excellent show. Cant wait for it to come back.

I watched Tucker & Dale vs Evil the other day, and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure I would, as I thought it might be a bit too Scary Movie. But it was great. That fat fella's wonderful in it. I forget his name, but it's the same kind of name WWE gives to new wrestlers, Tyler Ripkin or something.

The fat lad is absolutely blinding in this film, really made me root for him.

Definitely. He totally nails the comedy and the sweetness and insecurity of his character, and really gets you to invest him in. Very fun film.

Edited by Vice

The Grey. An entertaining, intense and sometimes scary film. The end was a bit of a let down...

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

not so much that we don't know whether he actually got away/survived or not, I quite liked that aspect of it, but I was waiting for a bit of a showdown between Neeson and the pack leader. At least some attacking/fight scenes would have been welcome.

Still, overall an enjoyable film.

• Moderators
I watched Tucker & Dale vs Evil the other day, and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure I would, as I thought it might be a bit too Scary Movie. But it was great. That fat fella's wonderful in it. I forget his name, but it's the same kind of name WWE gives to new wrestlers, Tyler Ripkin or something.

The fat lad is absolutely blinding in this film, really made me root for him.

Definitely. He totally nails the comedy and the sweetness and insecurity of his character, and really gets you to invest him in. Very fun film.

Spoken like a true bunch of fatties ;)