DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I watched Hobo With A Shotgun again last night and it's as fun as I remembered. I was grinning like a twat from the start all the way through to the credits. The Mrs didn't like it as was to be expected but she sat through it which I was impressed by. She wasn't as delighted by the sight of The Plague fighting a giant octopus as Iwas though.

Saw two today. Wanderlust was about what I expected. I'm not the greatest fan of David Wain as I find him a bit too self-indulgent, and it was. He's a bit of an odd fit with a standard rom-com as well, he gives it a bit of an edge but there's something off. I love Paul Rudd, but there were a few too many bits of his extended impro that should have been saved for line-o-rama featurettes on the DVD. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Project X was something of a letdown. I just expected it to be funnier, and it wasn't funny at all, really. Maybe a couple of laughs in the whole film. The characters and situations weren't up to much. I did enjoy the scope of the chaos though. And if you like tits and party montages, it's the best film of all time.

• Paid Members
So if you're 13 it's great. Last one I saw was Sideways and now I'm even more pissed off that I missed The Descendants when it was in the cinema. Absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Could see it becoming a favourite.

You need to watch Little Miss Sunshine and Juno, and then you'll die of a "quiet, quirky character pieces that the Academy pounced upon" overload.

The Virginity Hit

You can recommend that one? It looked terrible, I only remember it for the ventriloquist kid from Victorious, which I have definitely never seen.

I watched it on Monday and it wasn't awful, it's just the fact everything seemed to fall flat. One thing I did like was the relationship between a lot of the characters seemed very realistic.

• Paid Members
Saw two today. Wanderlust was about what I expected. I'm not the greatest fan of David Wain as I find him a bit too self-indulgent, and it was. He's a bit of an odd fit with a standard rom-com as well, he gives it a bit of an edge but there's something off. I love Paul Rudd, but there were a few too many bits of his extended impro that should have been saved for line-o-rama featurettes on the DVD. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Project X was something of a letdown. I just expected it to be funnier, and it wasn't funny at all, really. Maybe a couple of laughs in the whole film. The characters and situations weren't up to much. I did enjoy the scope of the chaos though. And if you like tits and party montages, it's the best film of all time.

So, did Jennifer Aniston get her tits out or what?

• Paid Members
I watched Hobo With A Shotgun again last night and it's as fun as I remembered. I was grinning like a twat from the start all the way through to the credits. The Mrs didn't like it as was to be expected but she sat through it which I was impressed by. She wasn't as delighted by the sight of The Plague fighting a giant octopus as Iwas though.

Really must learn to scroll up...... :blush:

So, did Jennifer Aniston get her tits out or what?

Yes, but not really. Digitally censored.

Shit.

also if you've seen the trailer theres a scene with aniston in bed with three other women that's not in the film at all

agree with pictos on wanderlust. really liked it and paul rudd was great again (big fan) but i just didnt love it as much as other comedies

Edited by iamtheman