What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Mad Dogs was ok at best, but it went to shit.

I liked Mad Dogs. I’m less annoyed about the ending now than I was when I first saw it. 

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Has Sky ever produced a good original show of their own? I can't think of one

I enjoyed Save Me. Despite Lennie James being an awful actor. 

I wouldn't call the Hitchhiker's Radio and TV series bland, they're both great, and iconic. The film was shit, but that was poor execution. 

I wasn't including the radio show to be honest. That benefits from its audio format. I also think it is helped by the fact Adams being all over it. The show started as a radio show, but the books are even better as its his imagination gone wild. Was never a fan of the show as much as others.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Sky commissioned Yonderland - it’s the weakest of the original Horrible Histories cast’s other projects but still good fun, and they gave it three series which was nice of them.

Good shout, me and my daughter really enjoyed Yonderland. 

3 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

I liked Mad Dogs. I’m less annoyed about the ending now than I was when I first saw it. 

I liked the first series of Mad Dogs, especially the first episode where Ben Chaplin basically reprised his role from Game On, but thought it went crap.

Save Me is actually another good shout, and I even liked Lennie James in it. Suranne Jones playing her typecast role of suffering woman got tiresome but I was impressed with Kerri Godliman. Where the fuck is the second series?! 

• Paid Members

Finished watching Kidding with Jim Carrey in and directed/produced by Michel Gondry. Nice show with 30 minute episodes (need more of these) including puppets, melancholy and Jim Carrey being a children's TV presenter.

• Moderators
On 1/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

For some reason I put on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix the other day. It's surprisingly much better than I expected it to be! I mean it's obviously not amazing or anything, but I have been working my way through the first series steadily and really quite enjoying it 

I've just realised now, midway through season 2, that aunt Hilda is Dawn from The Office. I don't think I've seen her in anything since The Office Xmas special first aired and obviously she looks a lot different now. It kept nagging away at me that I recognised her voice and I couldn't figure out why. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've just realised now, midway through season 2, that aunt Hilda is Dawn from The Office. I don't think I've seen her in anything since The Office Xmas special first aired and obviously she looks a lot different now. It kept nagging away at me that I recognised her voice and I couldn't figure out why. 

She pops up in Wonder Woman and Studio 60 on the sunset strip. She's been in a few american things since the Office.

49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

She pops up in Wonder Woman and Studio 60 on the sunset strip. She's been in a few american things since the Office.

She seems to play the same kooky British role in everything. 

• Paid Members
On 1/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, TheBurningRed said:

What the hell.

Anyway, finished Russian Doll last night and it really is a blinder. I enjoyed the fact it didn't finish ambiguously even though the second series is imminent. Natasha Lyonne is a treasure.

I'll start Killing Eve next.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I remember thinking that apart from flashes, the last series of Curb Your Enthusiasm was a bit disappointing but the first episode of the new series was hilarious. I hope it continues all the way through.

It’s almost topped season 9 in one episode (although I’ve not rewatched since its first airing, but it definitely seemed the weakest). But the first episode of season 10 was, as you said, hilarious