What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've only just clicked in my head that you guys aren't talking about Charmed. I have no idea what Supernatural actually is.

Up until a few years ago Iā€™d never heard of it and it had been going for over a decade.Ā 

4 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I love Supernatural, but series 5 should have been the end. Series 7 was terrible. But even then theres been momentsĀ of brilliance throughout, enough to keep me watching. I'm glad it's coming to an end though.

This has blown my mind. It's still going? I remember thinking my mate was lame because he loved Thursdays because he could download Supernatural and Smallville. Has it been running year in year out or did they reboot it?

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Anyone caught The Show That Goes Wrong? I have only caught the first episode so far (and the previous TV version of their Peter Pan show), but I found it to be much better and funnier then the usual BBC "Comedy" output.

Do you write in the comment sections of online newspapers by any chance?

Theres been absolutely tons of great BBC comedy in the past couple of years. Probably the best itā€™s been in decades.Ā 

• Paid Members
Just now, wordsfromlee said:

Do you write in the comment sections of online newspapers by any chance?

Theres been absolutely tons of great BBC comedy in the past couple of years. Probably the best itā€™s been in decades.Ā 

Explain Mrs Brown's Boys then? King Gary (and I love Tom Davis), Not Going Out (which hasn't always been bad). So what in the last couple of years has been great?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Thereā€™s great BBC comedy to be found. None of it is on Friday nights though.

Yes. Like This Country and Fleabag, which whilst I don't love it as most do, is clearly well written. But Friday Night BBC Comedy as been dross for years*

*Bob Mortimer on Would I Lie To You being the best exception to this rule

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Explain Mrs Brown's Boys then? King Gary (and I love Tom Davis), Not Going Out (which hasn't always been bad). So what in the last couple of years has been great?

People Just Do Nothing

Mum

Don't Forget The Driver

Vic & Bobs Big Night Out

Mortimer & Whitehouse Go Fishing

This Country

Fleabag

Detectorists

This Time with Alan Partridge

Back To Life

Ghosts