What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Anyone caught The Show That Goes Wrong? I have only caught the first episode so far (and the previous TV version of their Peter Pan show), but I found it to be much better and funnier then the usual BBC "Comedy" output.

I've been enjoying it, but not so sure it works as a series and think it would be better as a "one off" special, then maybe another special a few months down the line.

Watching it week on week, you can see the jokes coming, which wasn't the case the start of the series.  Still, there is some very clever stuff in there, plus there are some seriously talented comedy actors in the group (Dave Hearn, Henry Shields, Nancy Zamit and Charlie Russell, the latter's looks to camera always making me laugh).

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

People Just Do Nothing

Mum

Don't Forget The Driver

Vic & Bobs Big Night Out

Mortimer & Whitehouse Go Fishing

This Country

Fleabag

Detectorists

This Time with Alan Partridge

Back To Life

Ghosts

So a load of BBC Two, Three and Four bits and nothing about Friday Night Comedy then. Also, Mortimer and Whitehouse is not comedy is it? It has funny moments but that is a stretch.

@Magnum Milano I can see that is possibly a problem. As I said, only seen the 1st episode and one of the specials, but it's harder to do things wrong then right which is why I admire the talent. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So a load of BBC Two, Three and Four bits and nothing about Friday Night Comedy then. Also, Mortimer and Whitehouse is not comedy is it? It has funny moments but that is a stretch 

Your initial post about BBC comedy mentioned nothing about Friday nights, I think that's why they're all listed. It took me a while to realise you meant that, too.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Your initial post about BBC comedy mentioned nothing about Friday nights, I think that's why they're all listed. It took me a while to realise you meant that, too.

yep, @SuperBacon said it better then I did. I only quoted Friday night fare rather then say that is what I meant. Which I still stand by. But could have made it clearer by actually saying it. I'm the idiot sandwich

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

I can see that is possibly a problem. As I said, only seen the 1st episode and one of the specials, but it's harder to do things wrong then right which is why I admire the talent. 

Was the first episode the Christmas special or 'The Pilot'?  I forget how they've been numbering them.

I won't go into too much detail in case you haven't seen it yet, but in 'The Pilot' there is this scene involving Nancy Zamit and Charlie Russell which I thought was bordering on genius and the timing was to the nth to pull it off.  Top level stuff right there.

• Paid Members
Just now, Magnum Milano said:

Was the first episode the Christmas special or 'The Pilot'?  I forget how they've been numbering them.

I won't go into too much detail in case you haven't seen it yet, but in 'The Pilot' there is this scene involving Nancy Zamit and Charlie Russell which I thought was bordering on genius and the timing was to the nth to pull it off.  Top level stuff right there.

The first was the Christmas episode. So i'll look out

• Awards Moderator

I'm enjoying Goes Wrong Show far more than I expected for it's timeslot. Good to have a show you can watch with kids that is actually funny too. We watched The Lodge this evening and following through with the kitchen gag was great.

I watched Good Omens over the weekend, and while it was an ok 6-episodes/6-hours I thought it was also underwhelming and quite disappointing. David Tennant and Michael Sheen are pretty good in the lead roles of the demon and angel, and there are a lot of recognisable faces and voices in the others roles (given varying amounts of screen time), but I just did not find that either the characters or the story were interesting enough.

• Paid Members

I saw Peter Pan Goes Wrong in the West End when we got some free tickets, I really enjoyed it despite going in worried it was going to be cack. I watched a live recording on the BBC of the same show (different night obvs) a couple of years ago and it was bloody awful. Something about being in the room cast a spell on me, the massive performances made sense. In my living room though... had to turn it off.