What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

For some reason I put on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix the other day. It's surprisingly much better than I expected it to be! I mean it's obviously not amazing or anything, but I have been working my way through the first series steadily and really quite enjoying it 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For some reason I put on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix the other day. It's surprisingly much better than I expected it to be! I mean it's obviously not amazing or anything, but I have been working my way through the first series steadily and really quite enjoying it 

I’ve enjoyed watching with my eldest, and I think Kiernan Shipka is a decent actor. 

You’ll also be pleased to know that the latest series of Sunny is now on Netflix. Can’t wait to hear opinions on The Janitor Always Mops Twice.

I’m rewatching The X-Files for the first time since it finished (some of the episodes for the first time in well over 20 years)

It is for the most part, hokey shit, but in a good way, and it’s reminded me that Gillian Anderson was probably the first love of my life. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I’ve enjoyed watching with my eldest, and I think Kiernan Shipka is a decent actor. 

You’ll also be pleased to know that the latest series of Sunny is now on Netflix. Can’t wait to hear opinions on The Janitor Always Mops Twice.

I’m rewatching The X-Files for the first time since it finished (some of the episodes for the first time in well over 20 years)

It is for the most part, hokey shit, but in a good way, and it’s reminded me that Gillian Anderson was probably the first love of my life. 

I'm considering making the X-Files my next binge watch. I'm halfway through True Blood now, and it was a toss up between X-Files and Supernatural(which I've never seen)..

• Paid Members

I'm halfway through Russian Doll and it's fantastic. I'm a sucker for timeloopy stuff like this anyway, but it's superbly written and open to interpretation. Natasha Lyonne is a treasure.

5 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm considering making the X-Files my next binge watch. I'm halfway through True Blood now, and it was a toss up between X-Files and Supernatural(which I've never seen)..

If you're seriously considering binging True Blood and Supernatural close together you should definitely break it up with an actual good show like X Files or just stick pins in your eyes.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

If you're seriously considering binging True Blood and Supernatural close together you should definitely break it up with an actual good show like X Files or just stick pins in your eyes.

I've never watched a single episode of Supernatural, so can't comment. I do quite like True Blood though. It's just pure, daft easy to watch TV. Perfect for taking your mind off shit...