What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Halfway through episode 4 of the new series of Top Boy. Really enjoying it so far and the pacing is much better as a 10-part series rather than 4-part. We owe you one, Drizzy.

I can't believe Dris, he looks a right state. Didn't realise it was him at first as he's a shadow of his former menacing self. I popped when Gem appeared in Ramsgate.

I assume you're all over this, @SuperBacon?

Edited by PunkStep

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Halfway through episode 4 of the new series of Top Boy. Really enjoying it so far and the pacing is much better as a 10-part series rather than 4-part. We owe you one, Drizzy.

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe Dris, he looks a right state. Didn't realise it was him at first as he's a shadow of his former menacing self. I popped when Gem appeared in Ramsgate.

Watched through it all on the weekend as I was a big fan of the previous two series when they aired on Channel 4, was expecting to hate it after the first couple of episodes but it really picked up and I ended up really liking it, Kano really is amazing in this, surprised he hasn't picked up any other roles.

13 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The trouble with the last series was that it was clear Lou Sanders was both ultra competitive and good at the majority of the tasks. It was also clear Paul Sinha was neither and when it came out during the series that he has Parkinsons it made it quite an uncomfortable watch. 

Yeah, I had high expectations for Paul Sinha based on (non-Chase) things I've seen him on in the past and knew he was quick-witted and a genuinely funny guy.  He ended up being probably the worst contestant they've had, the Parkinson's, which he subsequently went public on, no doubt playing a very significant factor.  Sian Gibson was weak, Joe Thomas only slightly better and I found Iain Stirling a bit of a try hard.  Lou Sanders was the only good thing about that series (Greg and Alex aside).

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Reveal hidden contents

Have you seen Wiley on Twitter lately? Hes been on a rampage against Drake (and others) for being a culture vulture and they way he treats other artists and those on his OVO Sound label.

• Paid Members

Wiley has a new album out, that's what he does apparently

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Kano really is amazing in this, surprised he hasn't picked up any other roles.

He really is, he definitely needs to be in more. He's shown he has more range than just being a nasty little prick like Sully usually is.

Edited by PunkStep

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve been busy, but I’m going to binge watch the other series again before I dig in to the new one.

Fam.

21 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just watched Episode 1 of the 14th series of Its Always Sunny. It’s good, whilst not being great (perhaps I’m still in awe of the finale of the last series), but it’s still one of the funniest shows around.

I thought it was a very funny episode (if a little predictable at the Teddy reveal). 

14 years and still this funny. Amazing really.

I'm not sure if this should go in here or the movies thread but I went to see a NTL screening of Fleabag live tonight. I wasn't sure how good it would be because of seeing the TV show first but it was brilliant. It's basically just the first series condensed into just over an hour and is hilarious as the TV show as well as dramatic. It could have easily been seen as a stand up show. The red chair looked really uncomfortable though.

• Paid Members

I've decided to watch It's aways Sunny, seing as it totally passed me by and the glowing reviews of it on here. Breezed through the first 2 series yesterday while working, and while I didn't find it hilarious, there were one or two laugh out loud moments.

Edited by Cod Eye