Sign in to follow this  
Dynamite Duane

What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Just finished the final episode of Fleabag. I'll be honest, I cried. Phoebe Waller Bridge is so bloody talented, she's well on her way to becoming a bona fide great in television. I only recently found out she's the creator and writer of Killing Eve too, which is on my list of things to watch. Thank fuck she didn't become the new Dr Who.

Edited by PunkStep

2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Just finished the final episode of Fleabag. I'll be honest, I cried. Phoebe Waller Bridge is so bloody talented, she's well on her way to becoming a bona fide great television. I only recently found out she's the creator and writer of Killing Eve too, which is on my list of things to watch. Thank fuck she didn't become the new Dr Who.

Echoed. Recently watched Crashing all the way through and that’s pretty great too. She’s so lovely. 

I'm intrigued by Killing Eve after watching Fleabag. The way they're paced never feels like you've been sat there for half an hour. They just fly by. 

Barry is back for season 2. The first episode was strong still. I've just rewatched season 1 and i urge everyone to seek it out. Still just as great as the first time round.

Line of Duty series 4 was decent. Pales in comparison to the epic finale of series 3 which had some really great telly and not in a 'it's good for a British tv show' way. Particular highlights were Hastings being extra shouty, Arnott getting called Ironside and him out of the office ripping Kate's weak interrogation skills.

11 hours ago, DEF said:

Barry is back for season 2. The first episode was strong still. I've just rewatched season 1 and i urge everyone to seek it out. Still just as great as the first time round.

What is it? Never heard of it - comedy, drama? BBC? 

17 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

What is it? Never heard of it - comedy, drama? BBC? 

Dark Comedy Drama about a Hitman. It's 8 30 min episodes on NowTV/Sky Atlantic/HBO.

EDIT - The Fonz is in it and he won an Emmy for it as did Bill Hader.

I can't recommend it enough and it seems criminally under seen.

Edited by DEF

15 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Just finished the final episode of Fleabag. I'll be honest, I cried. Phoebe Waller Bridge is so bloody talented, she's well on her way to becoming a bona fide great in television. I only recently found out she's the creator and writer of Killing Eve too, which is on my list of things to watch. Thank fuck she didn't become the new Dr Who.

Killing Eve is fantastic. My favourite show last year. Plenty of time to watch before season 2 because even though it's started in America we're not getting it til end of May at the earliest 

1 hour ago, DEF said:

Dark Comedy Drama about a Hitman. It's 8 30 min episodes on NowTV/Sky Atlantic/HBO.

EDIT - The Fonz is in it and he won an Emmy for it as did Bill Hader.

I can't recommend it enough and it seems criminally under seen.

I’ll second Barry, it’s a shame that so few people seem to be aware it even exists. 

What do you mean by drama comedy? Is it actually a comedy, or is it just a drama that isn't completely po faced? There's too meant things that get described it categorised as comedies that just aren't.

What do you mean by drama comedy? Is it actually a comedy, or is it just a drama that isn't completely po faced? There's too meant things that get described it categorised as comedies that just aren't.

Its a drama but there are comedic moments. I know this comparison may be a bit odd, but its like how The Sopranos balanced both. Its a tremendous show. Bill Hader is phenomenal.

On Killing Eve, isn't season 2 written by someone else? Or have I made that up?

36 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Reviewers tend to describe it as a ‘Dark Comedy’ but I don’t particularly like that description as it isn’t overly accurate. It’s more of a drama that’s often funny. Episodes are only around half-an-hour long so they breeze by. 

34 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'd say it leans into the comedy pretty hard so Its about 50/50. A Dark Comedy Drama.

2 minutes ago, DEF said:

I'd say it leans into the comedy pretty hard so Its about 50/50. A Dark Comedy Drama.

Yeah that’s probably about right. The dramatic moments are also pretty intense, it’s quite gripping.

Good old Daramedies. You know it's not funny but you laugh anyway!

Edited by Mr_Danger