What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Also watched all of This Way Up and my review is that anything with Aisling Bea is a straight 11/10. 

Funnily enough, watched all of this myself yesterday. Think it's on Sky Box Sets at the moment though I've had it recorded since it aired.

I really liked it, hence watching it all. Aisling Bea wrote it and stars which seems to be the only way to get a comedy commissioned these days. She's really good, as is Sharon Horgan and the array of peripheral characters. 

It's about an Irish girl living in London who has just had a nervous breakdown. It's tackles the subject with sensitivity but is perhaps a bit too fuzzy at times. Suppose it's hard to blame them, it is a sitcom after all. It's funny, the characters are easy to get behind, if not quite like, and it has a similar quality to Fleabag but isn't as good. Enjoyed it though.

10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Having only ever seen her as a stand up I was surprised at how good an actress she is, having just finished watching Living With Yourself this evening.  

What did you think of it? I watched it for Paul Rudd but came out of it loving Aisling Bea.

It had some surprisingly sweet moments, and some bat shit crazy ones.

I really loved the soundtrack/score. Not sure who did it but it felt really frenzied at times.

I didn't really know much about the show going in so I was pleasantly surprised overall. It's not an easy concept to keep the momentum up with.

• Moderators

Likewise, we watched it because my wife and I both like Paul Rudd. I would have been happy of it was just some throwaway light entertainment to watch one episode with dinner each night but it was much better than that and as I say I was really impressed with her performance.

I liked the way it showed the same timeframe from each of the characters' perspectives but also didn't force itself to stick to that gimmick in an overly prescriptive way, but rather just used it to tell the story well.

Agreed on the soundtrack.

I felt genuinely conflicted at times and confused about

which Miles I was rooting for

, so I think they really nailed it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell