What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

5 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm really enjoying that old Jimmy McGovern TV show Accused. Never even knew it poxy existed until my missus asked me to look for shows that don't have portals to space or horrible stuff in it. 

Accused has horrible stuff!

• Paid Members

Just finished Waco, a miniseries about the Waco siege, and really enjoyed it. Absolutely incredible cast - Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Andrea Riseborough, Shea Whigham. Really got me interested in the whole Branch Davidian/Waco siege topic too, to where I'm planning on reading the two books this was based on. 

I just finished that Killing Eve, it's like they saw Hannibal and the relationship between him and Will and thought "let's do this but with women" and turn the quirkiness up to 11. It's enjoyable enough but you really have to be able to accept just how cute they play it at times, Villanelle is lovely tho..

Into season 5 of The Good Wife and I'm not sure if you're meant to be sympathetic to the main characters, they're all wankers, maybe Diane is the best of a bad bunch.  The best characters are the wankers in wankers clothing, David Lee and Eli Gold.  It's a decent watch, though.

Was recommended something called Warrior.  It was pitched to me as a Boardwalk Empire set in Chinatown with martial arts aplenty.  First episode was fun, was like a non po-faced Peaky Blinders crossed with Spartacus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I’ve just finished watching The Boys on Amazon Prime and, while I thought it was really building into an explosive finale that made me want more, I’m just left with “Is that it?!” Anyone seen it?

Also, a bit late to the game but I’ve just started Preacher. Only on episode 2 at the moment but it seems pretty good.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The first series or the new one?

The new one, I presume the first series is on iPlayer so I can start going through those too.

I've been meaning to watch that Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan trip show too.

Edited by PunkStep

42 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The new one, I presume the first series is on iPlayer so I can start going through those too.

I've been meaning to watch that Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan trip show too.

Great stuff! There’s a funny little show just hit BBC2 called The Office...watch that next when you get the chance 👍 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After seeing @PowerButchi talk about it, I decided to give On Cinema at the Cinema a shot and yeah, it's fantastic. Still on series 1 at the moment but pissed myself through the episode where Tim Heidecker just cries all the way through and Gregg Turkington just stares at him.

• Moderators

Here's a handy bit to get even more out of it. A website with the tweets between the two corensponding to each show and other stuff. The whole world of it over the 10 seasons is massive. And brilliant. I don't think there's been a more involving show in years.

https://www.oncinematimeline.com/