What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Yeah, Would I Lie To You is decent enough. I think it's because it's more like a friendly parlour game in the old tradition rather than unfunny cunts trying to be edgy like a Mock the Week.

Agreed. 20 years ago, Would I Lie To You would have been a game show.

Rob Brydon's impression of Bono doing an impression of Mr Burns had me in stitches on last week's episode of WILTY. 

"Release the hounds"

"Release the hounds"

"Release , release the hounds"

I stopped watching Mock the Week shortly after Frankie Boyle left, it seems to be exclusively unfunny young posh cunts on it now, with the exception of Rob Beckett. Who isn't posh.

• Paid Members

Rob Brydon's impression of Bono doing an impression of Mr Burns had me in stitches on last week's episode of WILTY. 

"Release the hounds"

"Release the hounds"

I stopped watching Mock the Week shortly after Frankie Boyle left, it seems to be exclusively unfunny young posh cunts on it now, with the exception of Rob Beckett. Who isn't posh.

How do you know this if you stopped watching years ago?

"Release the hounds"

"Release the hounds"

How do you know this if you stopped watching years ago?

I see the guestlist on youtube videos

Edited by Ladiesman345

• Paid Members

I always liked Frankie on Mock The Week. His "shocking" one liners were generally pretty funny. Saw him life though and he was shit. Just his jokes, many quite uncomfortable even for someone not easily shocked, awkward audience interaction and no real pattern to anything. Easily the poorest comic I've ever seen live.

• Moderators

Weird how he reinvented himself through written columns as some well-respected, well-thinking social commentator. Every time someone retweets one with "Frankie Boyle talking sense about being compassionate to immigrants again" or whatever, I think, yeah, same Frankie Boyle who made his career off of jokes about Jordan's 'mong' son trying to rape her, is it? Or his TV show that was all jokes about black men having big dicks and being great at prison rape.

• Paid Members

Have to agree with Rick there.
He had some absolute belters on Mock the Week, and his line on Rebecca Adlington absolutely creased me, but live he is woeful.

I know you’re asking for trouble in the front row of a Frankie Boyle gig but he gave one lad an awful time over being ‘not particularly attrative’. He just assassinated him throughout the show and also let rip at the chaps girlfriend for being with him, and it was a very uncomfortable experience. Actually, the guts of the show was very uncomfortable, and for a seemingly intelligent man, he didn’t really push himself beyond vile insults at celebrities and those in attendance.

I thought we just got a shit show, but evidently not.

Dylan Moran, though. Now there’s a man who delivers every time.

Edited by Scott Malbranque