What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

They've all suffered from being too many episode (oh look another ninja fight in Daredevil) They could have all been 6-10 episodes and not lost anything. Most US series seem to suffer from it.

Walking dead has about 4 episodes of actual things happening, padded out with the episodes when a few of the minor characters go off on their own, which was obviously filmed at the same time as a better, more important episode.

HBO on the whole seem to judge it a bit better but even shows like GOT was notorious for filler episodes before the last series.

8 Out of 10 Cats is returning with 2 new team captains Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea.  Nothing against those two but I can't imagine Cats without Sean Lock.  But the good news is that Sean and Jon are sticking around to captain Cats Does Countdown. 

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that their Countdown show has turned out to be more popular than their original panel show.

Also QI returns next Friday with new host Sandi Toksvig.

Did QI ever do a proper farewell episode for Stephen Fry? I remember tuning into the finale of what I'd been led to believe was his last series, but they never mentioned anything about him leaving. Did he modestly insist on no fuss, or did I miss something?

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Moderators

Yeah, I was going to say! His flounce off twitter because someone said he was boring was spectacular. He probably even went back to Belgium for a bit because of it. And his flounce because people didn't like his joke at the BAFTAs. And his flounce because...

Edited by PowerButchi