What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just read that there will be a third season of Inside No 9 coming this year. Can't wait! Absolutely loved the first two seasons

The 12 Days of Christine is one of the best half-hours ever broadcast.

Anyone keeping up with the new series of Ash Vs Evil Dead? Watched the latest episode this evening and it might possibly be the craziest 25 minutes of anything ever, outside of Troma movies. If you like silly bloody over the top insanity, please watch this episode. Season 2 episode 2 if you're on the torrents!

Just caught up on episodes 2 and 3. That morgue scene haha

• Awards Moderator

I heard on the radio about a US series which is something about the 13th person in line for presidency taking over the country in what I am guessing is an end of the world type disaster, anyone know what this is called and any thoughts?

Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland in the lead role. Currently on Netflix in the UK with new episodes released weekly.

It's like King Ralph.

• Awards Moderator

Explosion during state of the union, so the designated survivor kept elsewhere becomes president. I'm enjoying it so far.

I am, but it's soooo dated. It's like HBO never happened. The pacing and editing reminds me of Prison Break: lots of jarring music cues, shady villainous types sneering in doorways and glossy sheen everywhere. In 2002 this show would've been cutting edge, now it seems like a time capsule.

• Paid Members

Is Marcella any good, does anybody know?

The missus is looking for something akin to Line of Duty (which I loved) and Happy Valley (which I hated), and I’ll crack up waiting for The Missing on a week to week basis, so I need a couple of shows that are available for binge watching to get us through the dark evenings.

Ash vs Evil Dead and The Walking Dead are shows I have to watch on my tobler as she hates anything to do with zombies.

Is Marcella any good, does anybody know?

The missus is looking for something akin to Line of Duty (which I loved) and Happy Valley (which I hated), and I’ll crack up waiting for The Missing on a week to week basis, so I need a couple of shows that are available for binge watching to get us through the dark evenings.

Ash vs Evil Dead and The Walking Dead are shows I have to watch on my tobler as she hates anything to do with zombies.

I really enjoyed Marcella as a binge watch. Not sure it would have kept my attention so much week on week, but it's a decent enough tale. I'd put it between Line of Duty and Happy Valley in quality terms.