What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I think Stephen Fry only announced he was leaving QI after they had already filmed the final episode of the series so that's why they wasn't any goodbye.

Ah, that makes more sense.

I think Stephen Fry only announced he was leaving QI after they had already filmed the final episode of the series so that's why they wasn't any goodbye.

The new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats is moving to More4 as well.

Yeah it seems the full series of QI is recorded before it even airs. Toksvig has already recorded her full series too.

Edited by The Clint

• Paid Members

So, the end of National Treasure?

Grim.

I didn't quite know what to make of the ending. I kept expecting some sort of twist with Tim McInnery having put them up to it or something.

I dithered a bit over the whole program. I thought the script and the direction was absolute gash for a lot of it, and it was pretty much Julie Walters holding it together.

• Moderators

The new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats is moving to More4 as well.

Yeah it seems the full series of QI is recorded before it even airs. Toksvig has already recorded her full series too.

QI wasn't great when Fry helmed it, so god only knows what the murderess of Fifteen-to-1 will do to it.

Seriously, Fifteen-to-1 is the greatest quiz programme of all time. The Wrestlemania of Quizzes (Registered: Houchen), and she comes along and is social to the contestants and tries to be wry. Fuck that. Fifteen-to-1's greatness came in the pure dryness of it. No frills, just quiz. Hard quiz. Of course, the ironic thing is that William G. Stewart is actually an hysterical fella away from the question cards. The Anti-Toksvig.

Also, playing air bass to the original theme was awesome.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Finished Narcos season two. The dude playing Escobar is just fantastic. I see it's been commissioned for a further two seasons and whilst I'm interested in how they approach dealing with they Cali cartel, the loss of Escobar (and the actor playing him) can only be a major blow I reckon. I have no fucking interest in what his mum or his wife and kids get up to now either. So hopefully they keep that shit to a minimum. At some point they have to fuck off to Argentina so that'll get rid of them at least.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Anyone keeping up with the new series of Ash Vs Evil Dead? Watched the latest episode this evening and it might possibly be the craziest 25 minutes of anything ever, outside of Troma movies. If you like silly bloody over the top insanity, please watch this episode. Season 2 episode 2 if you're on the torrents!