What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Emily Blunt, Thora Birch, Anna Friel...the upper echelon of upper lip, Chokey.

My ex had one of them lips, but she dumped me and my light green Nissan Micra with pink writing that said 'Mauritius' for a gentleman 15 years our senior, who was loaded and drove an Audi.

I loved that upper lip.

Explosion during state of the union, so the designated survivor kept elsewhere becomes president. I'm enjoying it so far.

I am, but it's soooo dated. It's like HBO never happened. The pacing and editing reminds me of Prison Break: lots of jarring music cues, shady villainous types sneering in doorways and glossy sheen everywhere. In 2002 this show would've been cutting edge, now it seems like a time capsule.

Yeah it's not the greatest show ever, but finding it a good enough watch.

Watched Glitch on Netflix over last few days. 6 people come back to life in a rural Australian town, and they all have different stories they are trying to solve. Only 6 episodes, so short, but enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

I'm reading The Colour of Magic at the moment and noticed there was a TV version on Sky a while back. A couple of questions -

Did it cover just The Colour of Magic or did it also include other books?

Do you know where I can watch it? Its not on Netflix

Was it any good?

• Awards Moderator

I'm reading The Colour of Magic at the moment and noticed there was a TV version on Sky a while back. A couple of questions -

Was it any good?

Just Colour of Magic.

No.

No.

There's never been a good adaptation of any Pratchett work. Especially the Sky stuff. Even when the casting is nailed on, the execution is lumbering and disjointed. I have some hope about Rhianna's forthcoming TV adaptation though...

• Awards Moderator

Was it any good?

Just Colour of Magic.

No.

No.

There's never been a good adaptation of any Pratchett work. Especially the Sky stuff. Even when the casting is nailed on, the execution is lumbering and disjointed. I have some hope about Rhianna's forthcoming TV adaptation though...

They incorporated The Light Fantastic into it as well, didn't they?

Is the Rhianna one Wee Free Men? I thought that was going to be a film rather than TV.

• Awards Moderator

Was it any good?

Just Colour of Magic.

No.

No.

Is the Rhianna one Wee Free Men? I thought that was going to be a film rather than TV.

An embarrassment of poor facts there. Yes you're quite right they did Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic to wrap the whole story up. And yes, Rhianna is doing it as a film.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/gaming/rhianna-pratchett-lara-croft-discworld/

*goes for a lie down*

• Awards Moderator

Was it any good?

Just Colour of Magic.

No.

No.

An embarrassment of poor facts there. Yes you're quite right they did Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic to wrap the whole story up. And yes, Rhianna is doing it as a film.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/gaming/rhianna-pratchett-lara-croft-discworld/

*goes for a lie down*

You were clouded by thoughts of substandard (though admirable for trying) Sky adaptations. Forgiven!