What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
In the past two weeks or so I've watched Game of Thrones from Season 1 up to the latest episode. Now, I feel dead inside that I have to watch on a weekly basis. An excellent show.

I did exactly the same in the last month, every episode from the beginning, 2 or 3 at a time whenever I wanted, now I have to watch one a week like a peasant, boo.

One and a half episodes in to Penny Dreadful. I've seen one and a half too many episodes and the show is one word too long. Billy Piper is so shit at acting, she murders an Irish accent in this.

Yeah, seen both episodes, have a feeling it will turn into a Dracula thing, great idea poorly executed

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

That Frankenstein monster, Mr Ponteus was completely pointless. Show every thing and then kill him come episode end for the first born.

At this stage hardly give a stuff about characters and the one they did invest in, they kill, so an evil character can be introduced

I really want to like Penny Dreadful. All the ingredients seemed to be there.... Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear, Eva Green.... the Victorian setting and a nice (if not exactly original) idea to blend lots of great fictional/literary characters from that era together. It seemed like a winner on paper but I agree it

I'm gutted.

I bought the Game of Thrones 1 - 3 boxset recently, thinking it would take me ages (i'm very slow with TV shows and stuff) and that i'd be finished in time to pick up 4 on DVD. Unfortunately, I took to it like a hobo to crack, rinsed it in a fortnight and am now left feeling bereft. It's not on OnDemand, it's not likely to be replayed before the DVD release and the DVD won't be out till February.

Jesus fucking Christ :(

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed Fargo. There was a bit of a lull in the season with Oliver Platt subplot but it was full of Malvo so it wasn't wasted. I thought the show was gonna get all supernatural when Malvo turned to look at Hanks jr. I can't wait to see where season two goes as nothing is set up.

• Paid Members
I'm gutted.

I bought the Game of Thrones 1 - 3 boxset recently, thinking it would take me ages (i'm very slow with TV shows and stuff) and that i'd be finished in time to pick up 4 on DVD. Unfortunately, I took to it like a hobo to crack, rinsed it in a fortnight and am now left feeling bereft. It's not on OnDemand, it's not likely to be replayed before the DVD release and the DVD won't be out till February.

Jesus fucking Christ :(

Torrent, dude. The whole season is on TorrentFunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Deadwood is fucking ace. Only five or six in but I love the scale of the thing. Must have cost a bomb to make and it's possibly got the best tv cast I've seen as well. Poor Wild Bill. I always wanna have a bath after watching it as well.

• Paid Members

Deadwood is immense, have turned alot of people onto it and the consensus is always positive. I have a question, is the pilot of Mad Men generally considered to be very good? I watched it and can't say I enjoyed it very much, even Jon Hamm who iv'e enjoyed in everything iv'e seen him in didn't do anything for me. Obviously it's a huge critical success so was just wondering whether to persevere or tap out if it really isn't going to be for me.

• Paid Members

Anyone watch the first episode of The Leftovers. I very much enjoyed it although it's a pretty depressing fare. It's one of those shows that will either turn out to be amazing or a complete turd. It's run by Damon Lindelof of Lost fame so it'll probably completely collapse by the end of the season.

• Paid Members

Anyone catch Common this evening?

Jimmy McGovern is fantastic at what he does, he really is. I felt like an hour and a half drama with the main focus around young actors may be utterly shit, but the script was fantastic and credit to the actors, there was some decent performances in there too.

I know BBC1 has a documentary around Joint Enterprise Murder tomorrow night, that could be worth a watch as well.

So i spent most of the weekend catching up on Celebrity Masterchef as i didn't even realize it had started again. It's been good so far, there was a decent mix of celebs who i'd actually heard of and even some of the ones who i'd never heard of have been entertaining and surprisingly good cooks.

The only thing that's been spoiling it for me though is whenever Andi Peters turns up to critique the celebs food, i mean yes he was a finalist back in 2008 but fuck me the way he goes on just makes me think "Fuck off! You're Andi Peters not fucking Michael Winner!"

Still though i'm looking forward to the finals this week.