What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Bastard. I've finished Deadwood. I wanted more bloodshed in the finale but given the circumstances I can see why it was left the way it was. I'm pretty surprised to read that Milch didn't really go to bat to get the show finished properly and given that he was offered a 6 part miniseries to do it I'd have thought he could have woven together a nice little finish. You just know that with the arrival the fire engine box thingy the set was getting burnt down had it gotten season 4.

• Paid Members

So apparently it's been TEN YEARS (!!!) since the pilot episode of Lost first aired, absolutely crazy to think about that.

So, Deadwood. Dan vs The Captain. Fuck.

In the the Top 50 TV Drama Thread we had, I linked to a vid of that fight scene and claimed it's awesomeness.

I adore Deadwood and it's such a shame true conclusions weren't reached, but even though it feels somewhat stunted, it's a masterclass in television making and performance, everyone plays such a belting role and no-one really lets the side down.

Deadwood is old news. I'm all about Justified. About 5 or 6 eps in and the formula seems to be Quincy/Kojak/70's detective show throwback with a bit of violence and Walton Goggins stealing everything he's in. The guy is just great. I'm hoping for Walt centric prison episode soon.

• Paid Members

Yeah I finished it recently. It's TV comedy at it's best. Fully formed fleshed out and hilarious ensemble and a unique original premise. I love it. With this and Veep, HBO is putting out the two best comedies right now by fucking miles.

Nice one, Goosh, glad to hear it! With this and Veep on a Wednesday, Sky Atlantic are doing brilliantly! Can't believe I only found out the John Oliver show thing is on there on Friday too. Missed the first ten.

• Paid Members

Deadwood is old news. I'm all about Justified. About 5 or 6 eps in and the formula seems to be Quincy/Kojak/70's detective show throwback with a bit of violence and Walton Goggins stealing everything he's in. The guy is just great. I'm hoping for Walt centric prison episode soon.

I watched three seasons of this in very quick succession and loved it but felt burnt out. Watched the first couple of episodes of season four and lost track. Will need to pick it up again. Walton Goggins is fantastic is so much stuff.

Anyone watching Silicon Valley? It's the new Mike Judge show. I've watched two episodes and it's brilliant. It's like Big Bang Theory for people who aren't morons. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

Enjoyed Silicon Valley immensely, as I have nearly everything Mike Judge has done. Thankully it's on HBO so it'll get a chance to go for a few seasons, I get the feeling that one of the big networks would have killed this had it been theirs.

Just don't get too attached to Peter Gregory, sadly the actor playing him died midway through filming. A real shame as I loved the character.