What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I finished the second series of Hannibal last night. Fuck. Are we all in agreement that Mads Mikkelsons Hannibal is far superior to Tubby Hopkins'?

Does the Hannibal tv series fit into the film series in any way or is it a completely separate entity?

Yeah, the first two series so far have been a prequel of sorts to the Red Dragon film and presumably the book. I read the creator wants to base the series over seven seasons with 4,5, and 6 being the films/books and seven being an original story to tie it up. I dunno if they'll get the full 7 because as good as it is it's batshit mental for a mainstream show.

• Paid Members

Finished watching Battlestar Galactica this evening, had never seen it before.

I really enjoyed it, up until the finale. I liked the 'grey' morality of almost all the characters (Helo is about the only one who I would say isn't completely morally ambiguous), and I liked the general sci-fi feel, and how it didn't override any plot. The finale didn't take away from four good seasons, and it's one of the few shows where I've genuinely been shocked by events.

Been recommended Justified next - is it any good?

It's great. It doesn't stray from its internal style much, which means it occasionally feels samey, but it's full of good characters and southern charm.

Glam Metal Detectives on YouTube. Sheesh, doesn't hold up AT ALL. I loved this when I was a nipper, is there anybody here who was an adult (or older than about 11) that thought this was good at the time?

Everybody Up is as catchy as it always was though.

Glam Metal Detectives on YouTube. Sheesh, doesn't hold up AT ALL. I loved this when I was a nipper, is there anybody here who was an adult (or older than about 11) that thought this was good at the time?

Erm I remember liking the pisstake of the Godfather. Aside from that, no, nothing

• Paid Members

I remember thinking it was alright, but not as good as KYTV, and it's a show I expected not to stand the test of time. My memories of it are that it was a bit cheap and unpolished looking for what it should have been.

I remember thinking it was alright, but not as good as KYTV, and it's a show I expected not to stand the test of time. My memories of it are that it was a bit cheap and unpolished looking for what it should have been.

KYTV was fucking awesome, indeed the jingle can still be sung by me close family when I'm home. Kay Why Teee Vee :)

One and a half episodes in to Penny Dreadful. I've seen one and a half too many episodes and the show is one word too long. Billy Piper is so shit at acting, she murders an Irish accent in this.

Piper aside, I quite like it :/