What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

So I watched Orange is the new black, both series. It's not worth the plaudits. There's a decent show in there with some really good actors but it suffers terribly from having the most unlikeable protagonist since Ted Mosby and a bunch of other sub plots on the outside that nobody cares about. Nicky Subotka off of The Wire is the best thing in it but for every great little character there's a Jason Biggs (who references American Pie masturbation story the fucking lame-o).

I preferred season 2 to season 1, felt it was more expansive, but Jason Biggs is a fucking toolbox. For every great character, there's a Jason Biggs, and by every, I mean "the" Jason Biggs.

• Moderators

Watched the first 6 episodes of Silicon Valley yesterday and it was fantastic. Gutted I have to wait until the weekend to watch the last two now because I agreed not to watch them without the missus :/

Cheers for the heads up about this show in this thread earlier, whoever it was. Lots of great characters but I think Peter Gregory takes the crown for me.

Just don't get too attached to Peter Gregory, sadly the actor playing him died midway through filming. A real shame as I loved the character.

Fuck. :( :( :(

• Paid Members

I think the most recent episode of The Leftovers has to be one of the most frustrating episodes of television I've ever watched. Big moments aside, I was almost screaming for them to GET TO THE FUCKING POINT and wishing Jill would shoot herself to rid me of ever having to watch her in this show again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So, I've just watched the final season of King of the Hill again and was again blown away by the totally perfect series finale. I decided I'd look around the internet for reviews and most were favourable, but I found one that bitched and moaned about it only being half an hour long and with no real major happenings, when he said a good finale should have been an hour long with a major development. Fucking cunt totally doesn't fucking get King of the Hill and shouldn't be allowed to watch TV.

Here's a link to the finale for those who've yet to see it.

King.of.the.Hill.S13E20.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi - 175.0 MB

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Watched the first 6 episodes of Silicon Valley yesterday and it was fantastic. Gutted I have to wait until the weekend to watch the last two now because I agreed not to watch them without the missus :/Cheers for the heads up about this show in this thread earlier, whoever it was. Lots of great characters but I think Peter Gregory takes the crown for me.

Just don't get too attached to Peter Gregory, sadly the actor playing him died midway through filming. A real shame as I loved the character.

Just watched huge last episode and saw the tribute at the end. Really sad.

Just happened to have Viva on after coming back from a day out shopping and they were doing a four hour mini marathon of That 70s Show (first 8 episodes). I've seen bits of episodes here and there when it used to be on but watching them first few has made me want to get every series and just marathon it

• Awards Moderator

Just happened to have Viva on after coming back from a day out shopping and they were doing a four hour mini marathon of That 70s Show (first 8 episodes). I've seen bits of episodes here and there when it used to be on but watching them first few has made me want to get every series and just marathon it

If you do, don't bother with the final season, it's rubbish compared to the others.

Stop watching That 70's Show when you run out of sperms to ejaculate over Mila Kunis.

I remember that British version as well. Didn't they do the crazy psychedelic bits in between scenes as well but it looked really shit. It was no Grimleys.

• Moderators

Yeah, that was the amazing Days Like These. ITV liked just ripping off US Sitcom scripts relocating them to Britain badly in the 90s. Married With Children became Married For Life with Rossett's own Russ Abbott and, in the worst sitcom ever, Golden Girls became Brighton Belles.

Watched the first 6 episodes of Silicon Valley yesterday and it was fantastic. Gutted I have to wait until the weekend to watch the last two now because I agreed not to watch them without the missus :/Cheers for the heads up about this show in this thread earlier, whoever it was. Lots of great characters but I think Peter Gregory takes the crown for me.

Just watched huge last episode and saw the tribute at the end. Really sad.

Finished it last night, it was wonderful. Every character was so well nuanced, Mike Judge is fantastic. The way I grew to love Erlich because he cared about Richard so much, lovely. I turned off at the credits so I think I missed the tribute, will look at it again.

Chest, I think it was me who mentioned it. I'm certainly going to take the credit fir it anyway.

So, I've just watched the final season of King of the Hill again and was again blown away by the totally perfect series finale. I decided I'd look around the internet for reviews and most were favourable, but I found one that bitched and moaned about it only being half an hour long and with no real major happenings, when he said a good finale should have been an hour long with a major development. Fucking cunt totally doesn't fucking get King of the Hill and shouldn't be allowed to watch TV.

Here's a link to the finale for those who've yet to see it.

King.of.the.Hill.S13E20.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi - 175.0 MB

Is that the one titled 'The Honeymooners'? And if so, is that the one that's classed as the finale because the last half dozen episodes were broadcast really far apart (KOTH season by season, with air dates http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_King_of_the_Hill_episodes) as the final episode broadcast as new was 'Just Another Manic Kahn-day'

I found a torrent a few months back were each episode was 40MB with no drop in quality at all, made it great to fit each season onto one disc

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Moderators

No, it's To Sirloin With Love, which is the one classed as the series finale as it was the last original shown on Fox as part of a double bill with The Boy Can't Help It. Just Another Manic Kahn-Day doesn't count as the final episode broadcast as it went straight into the syndication package and didn't get a network showing.

Edited by PowerButchi