What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Gotham - It's...it's really not very good at all. Donal Logue can't act.

Donal Logue kills every show he is involved with. Bummed out when I found out he was going to be in Gotham.

• Paid Members

He seems like a man with some deep issues of his own.

He absolutely does. It's a shame they glossed over the allegations that his message trails aren't always as clear cut as he presents them.

Just finished s2 of Hannibal. Still not sure if it's incredibly good or incredibly wanky, but it's certainly compelling and stylish. The performances carry what is often utterly ridiculous dialogue. Anyone else watching it?

It does tread a fine line sometimes but it benefits greatly by having a tremendous main character. I could sit and watch Mads Mikkelsen in chequered suits for hours. Michael Pitt is great in it as well. Still, those mushrooms were fucking gross.

I've just finished watching The Leftovers and it really is a mixed bag. There's so much potential in it yet it threatens to disappoint just as much. I'm suspicious that they might just be slipping the event in to trick me in to thinking I'm watching something sci-fi when in actual fact it's just a depressing drama about human loss. I'm still excited to see where it goes though.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Up to episode 3 of the left overs, and I don't know if I can be arsed any more. Possible the most miserable show ever made. No fun element at all, just doom and gloom.

Loved Hannibal, and the finale of series 2 is possible the goriest episode of TV I have ever seen. When you think what was cut out of films just 10 years ago and look at this, it's incomparable.

• Paid Members

Leftovers does improve and become less depressing as it goes on. I nearly gave up around episode 4-5 but stuck with it. It's a show that verges on the edge of being really really good but never quite makes it. It does have some really good bits though at various points. Episode 6 for example is one of the best episodes of TV of the year.

Edited by LaGoosh

And the show has Alan Johnson in it! Episode 6 is really good but if you can't make it that far at least watch the start of epidode 5 , it's fucking brutal. If you keep watching you get to see More Scott Glenn as well. Also, if they were to ever 'reboot' X Files, Nora would be an excellent Scully.