What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Lots of praise must be given to the Stand Up To Cancer show last night which was inspiring and upsetting in equal measure.
That said who the fuck thought it was funny to promote a prostate examination in a homo-erotic way with a punchline of a man yelling in pain at the end? There are many reasons males of a certain age are unsure of this procedure and homophobia; as much as this cretinous skit may suggest, is not one of them.
How many men were convinced to commit to this examination by this; or more importantly how many were turned off.
Fucking shameful.

• Paid Members

The young Nucky flashbacks are one of my favorites things about the so far excellent final season. I love seeing abit more of how he came to be and seeing other characters like his father and particularly The Commodore again. The guy playing 20 something Buscemi is great, feel abit sorry for him for looking so much like Buscemi though.

• Moderators

Lots of praise must be given to the Stand Up To Cancer show last night which was inspiring and upsetting in equal measure.

That said who the fuck thought it was funny to promote a prostate examination in a homo-erotic way with a punchline of a man yelling in pain at the end? There are many reasons males of a certain age are unsure of this procedure and homophobia; as much as this cretinous skit may suggest, is not one of them.

How many men were convinced to commit to this examination by this; or more importantly how many were turned off.

Fucking shameful.

How long was it off air for? I got in at about 12:45 and it was then until I turned it off at  about 1:30 through an emergency repeat of Gogglebox.

Fucking shameful.

How long was it off air for? I got in at about 12:45 and it was then until I turned it off at  about 1:30 through an emergency repeat of Gogglebox.

Must have been around Ten Butch.  

Mrs Loki and I have been watching The Middle on Couch Tuner.  It's a fairly traditional US sitcom, but I'm really enjoying it.  Good cast, smart writing.  Feels similar to Malcolm in The Middle but with a difference.  Definitely warm blanket stuff.

• Paid Members

Enjoying Detectorists on BBC 3. Bit of a gentle comedy, but really hitting my funny bone.

Got this one series linked, looks interesting, just haven't got round to watching it yet. It is BBC4 btw just incase BBC3 was putting anyone off ;)

Oops! One out, not bad for me!

Did anyone watch Gotham last week? Pretty enjoyable I thought.

We really enjoyed it. Kept up a good pace and introduced the characters well. Looking forward to the next episode.

• Moderators

Mrs Loki and I have been watching The Middle on Couch Tuner. It's a fairly traditional US sitcom, but I'm really enjoying it. Good cast, smart writing. Feels similar to Malcolm in The Middle but with a difference. Definitely warm blanket stuff.

'the difference' being it's not half as clever or well written and the characters are much worse and less relatable, and the actors playing them are cunts.

.... I really didn't get on with that show (and really liked Malcolm in the Middle).