What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

It is complete nonsense in a Father Ted kind of way, which probrably is not a coincidence as it shares one of the writers. All the characters are dislikeable arseholes but quite endearing. Give it a couple of episodes and you will be hooked.

Just found CBS Action on Freeview; no idea when that started broadcasting.

They've got Streets Of San Francisco, starring Karl Malden and Michael Douglas, and directed by Richard Donner... on right now!  Followed by Nash Bridges.

This is now my favourite channel.

So I'm five episodes into The Leftovers, and I'm just as nonplussed as I was at the start. Is it going to start getting good at any point, or can I give up on it now?

We held on and it steps up a bit but hardly. Start of episode 5 seemed unnecessary in the grand scheme too. Doubt we'll watch series 2 on the back of it. 

7 episodes into the original Killing, enjoying it. 

Anybody see Glue on E4 or the Knick? I've recorded both but not watched either yet. Also got The Affair to watch (McNulty from the Wire) so any feedback on that would be appreciated. 

• Paid Members

Watched the first couple of episodes of Glue. Just could not get into it. The characters were not engaging in the slightest. Maybe it's aimed at younger viewers.

• Paid Members

I lasted around 20 mins of The Affair. Wasn't feeling it at all probably one of them shows that if it gets better i'll hear about it and revisit but not worth sticking with it. 

Scrotal Recall was great on channel 4. Shame it's only a 6 episode run. Hopefully we get a 2nd but the lead actor is the lead in a new Hollywood movie so maybe that might cock that up. 

On The Leftovers the second season is totally originally story line since the first season covered the book. So make or break.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Watched the first couple of episodes of Glue. Just could not get into it. The characters were not engaging in the slightest. Maybe it's aimed at younger viewers.

I stuck with Glue because it was filmed in my home town, but to be honest you're not missing much. Some episodes were very good, but some were very bad, there was no consistency.

I thought it was cast fairly well, and the bloke from Rizzle Kicks (who I thought would be the shits) actually was one of the better things in it.

Edit - ignore the unintentional pun at the start of my post!

Edited by waters44

Did anybody watch the BBC documentary about Billingsgate fish market the other night (it may have been a repeat)? I love that sort of thing - the traditions and the personalities are like something from an 80's sitcom. I recommend watching it on iPlayer if you missed it.

Anyway, the guy who was one of the main focuses of the show (Roger) is doing a series where he travels to some of the best food markets from around the world. It starts tonight and looks at New York city. It on at 9pm on BBC2 if any of you are looking for something other than I'm a Celebrity to watch.

• Awards Moderator

So I'm five episodes into The Leftovers, and I'm just as nonplussed as I was at the start. Is it going to start getting good at any point, or can I give up on it now?

We held on and it steps up a bit but hardly. Start of episode 5 seemed unnecessary in the grand scheme too. Doubt we'll watch series 2 on the back of it. 

That's all the justification I need - I'm giving up!

• Paid Members

Did anybody watch the BBC documentary about Billingsgate fish market the other night (it may have been a repeat)? I love that sort of thing - the traditions and the personalities are like something from an 80's sitcom. I recommend watching it on iPlayer if you missed it.

Anyway, the guy who was one of the main focuses of the show (Roger) is doing a series where he travels to some of the best food markets from around the world. It starts tonight and looks at New York city. It on at 9pm on BBC2 if any of you are looking for something other than I'm a Celebrity to watch.

I'll get that on player, thanks. Is the Bastard of Billingsgate in it?

• Paid Members

I watched it. Thought it was brilliant. Noely saying to Fran "I'm gonna bust your back door in" made me laugh in an otherwise quite vicious scene. What did you think of it? 

It was one of the best seasons of television I have ever watched, and I don’t say that lightly.

Fran is a guilty pleasure. I love that man, so I was gutted when they John Staped him with that pool cue.

So it’s confirmed, Nidge is dead, the next season will focus on Patrick and the travellers, and it won’t be out until at least 2016 which is a bastard.