What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

This Irish comedian Aisling Be a was on Buzzcocks last night, which I ended up watching because Reasons.  

:wub:

Her face when she got the Vengaboys question wrong. I would have answered the same thing. I had to go and google "Venga Bus" as I was sure that was the name of that tune as well. Before I got onto the web I was starting to give Vengaboys pelters in my mind due to their two biggest songs being essentially the same. :duh:  :unsure:  :withstupid:  

• Paid Members

I think the first single was just called 'Up And Down' and it was fairly inoffensive techno pop. 'Venga Bus' was similar but followed a more traditional song structure.

• Paid Members

Yeah, The Vengabus was essentially Up and Down with added lyrics and bus noises. My Uncle John From Jamaica was their greatest work. Or WOAH We're Going to Ibiza.

Christ, they were awful.

Edit: yes Harmonic, that was also them. Boom Boom Boom Boom.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

What songs of theirs are the same?

The only two I can name are Going to Ibiza and Venga Bus and those are pretty different sounding..

Nah I was saying I was in the same mind as the Irish lass and I thought that "We Like To Party" and "Venga Bus" were two different songs. Complete spaz moment to be fair.

Yeah, The Vengabus was essentially Up and Down with added lyrics and bus noises.m.

So it is. I feel even more stupid now!

Edited by Bettencourt

So nobody watched Love/Hate? Not even any of the Irish contingent on the forums? C’mon you filthy, itinerant, coddle eating Mick gyppos! Surely one of you watches it?

I watched it. Thought it was brilliant. Noely saying to Fran "I'm gonna bust your back door in" made me laugh in an otherwise quite vicious scene. What did you think of it? 

There is no premise really, it's very strange.  Toast is a B list actor who does voiceovers and the odd other gig.  He kind of drifts round London each episode, usually bumping into his arch nemesis Ray Purchase.

That's about it.  It's vaguely surreal, vaguely satirical.  Shades of Darkplace or Boosh, obviously.  I can imagine people hating it and thinking it's terrible, but it just kinda works for me.