What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I watched the first episode of American Horror Story and thought it was really good. The Killer clown was awesome. It certainly has the potential to be the best of the series, although in the past (most notably Asylum) the series has tended to tail off towards the end. Definitely intrigued to see where they go with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just finished Boardwalk Empire, really going to miss that show. Just in case you haven't all seen it yet - 

I was secretly hoping Nucky would somehow finish the series at the top of the food chain, but I was fairly happy with the way it all came together at the end, with Tommy getting revenge for his Grandmother and Father.

I agree that the young Nucky was one of the best things about the last season.

Ive been reading about Al Capone, Johnny Torrio, Enoch Thompson and Charles Luciano amongst others, and I was really surprised about how much stuff that happened in the show happened in real life (Torrio surviving being shot several times for one!)

• Paid Members

I have mixed feelings about the Boardwalk finale. I loved some of it (basically all the bits Nucky wasn't in) but didn't really feel like it was wrapped up effectively.

Tommy killing Nucky was a fairly obvious plot twist. I'm not sure in the time line of the show it makes sense though. Tommy would only be 12-13 I think. There's all kinds of logic holes in it. It just seemed a bit of a cop-out. I understand the whole "everything went full circle" idea...I just think there were potentially more interesting ways for it to go out. And the Nuckly flashbacks...I enjoyed some fo them but I don't really see what the point of them was. There wasn't any new information delivered. If we didn't know that it was Nucky that delivered Gillian to the Commodore it would have been a really shocking ending but we've known that since season 1 so it was hard to give a shit.

Both the Nucky scenes with Eli and Margaret were fantastic though. The highlight of the episode was Al Capone and Sonny's talk...now that was a tear jerker.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Watching seasons of The Walking Dead. I'm currently on season 2. They've just killed off my favourite character. I'm quite annoyed as I find the other characters shallow and/or very annoying. Especially Rick's wife and son. His wife really is a cunt isn't she? Time to start backing Darryl.

I've only really seen her on the panel shows and never been hugely impressed but she is absolutely stunning so easily forgiven!

What do you guys think of Sara Pascoh? She seems to be the main 'token woman' on a lot of the panel shows at the moment