What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

You should just wait for her to go to bed and rewatch all the good ones on your tried but didn't like list.

Justified is about as undemanding but completely satisfying as you can get in a show. It's brilliant and its like 40 minutes long. The Olyphant is Ollyphantastic and all the other characters develop little layers as the series goes on and the plots get a little more depth. Oh, and Walton Goggins is in it.

I'm open to all recommendations, so I'll certainly look into those. I should have stated that it's more TV dramas/thrillers/action were wanting. TV comedies are a given with us and we've pretty much watched most.

I have been told that if I loved The Shield then I should give The Unit a go. Same with Homeland as I enjoyed 24. Any thoughts on these?

The Unit is pretty solid - gets a bit outlandish in the last series but a lot to like, particularly if you're a fan of Mamet.

Homeland is nothing like the Shield. At all. First season is good, next two not so much.

I echo the Justified recommendation, Olyphant is gold.

One that never gets mentioned on here, but that I really enjoyed, was Brotherhood. There's 3 seasons, and it's a complete story. Obvious shades of The Sopranos but also a sort of anti-West Wing with lots of political wrong-dealings.

It stars Jason Clarke, who is a rising star now in Hollywood and I really rate him. Jason Isaacs is pretty good too, in fact the whole cast is excellent.

• Paid Members

Yeh was gonna watch the original version of The Killing, but ended up watching the American version, great stuff.

Oh any fans of The Wire might be interested to know that the show is being re-aired in HD pretty soon on HBO.

• Paid Members

Steve, you like the French, right? Of course you do. They're great.

Anyway, you should watch The Returned- a brilliant tense French drama/thriller. Four-parter I think. Can't say too much without giving anything away, but it's really good.

Oh any fans of The Wire might be interested to know that the show is being re-aired in HD pretty soon on HBO.

Bittersweet news as I've just about concluded my third burn through the series. It should look fantastic in HD but as much as I love that show, even I might have to wait a couple of years before I watch it all again.

Edited by Guy Bifkin

• Paid Members

It was a shame when John Oliver left as well, but I'm glad for him that he bailed before it totally went to shit (not sure if he jumped or was pushed but it was for the better anyway).

Have you watched Harmon's animated show Rick and Morty? My mate recommended it to me, but I haven't got on to it as yet.

John Oliver was back in seasons 4 and 5 too. Don't let that tempt you into watching them though!

I've been recommended Rick and Morty too but I haven't got around to watching it yet.

Currently rewatching Seinfeld from the beginning, new things can wait until I'm through that.