What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

WHERE THE FUCK IS BOND?

Skyfall  8pm Xmas Eve on ITV. Bond movies have been a Xmas TV tradition for years. Fuck Harry Potter.

That's not Bond! That's some shite masquerading as a Bond. It should be Live and Let Die on Xmas Day afternoon. Possibly The Spy Who Loved Me. 

Nah on Christmas day it should be Goldfinger surely.

• Paid Members

Adventure Time is ace, my daughter started watching it about a year ago. Brilliant characters and a rare case these days of the main protagonists not becoming boring after a while. Lumpy Space Princess is the best.

Regular Show is also good. Similar humour but not as expansive. The episode where they have a guys night, to the soundtrack of Eddie Murphy's PARTY ALL THE TIME~, was good.

After seeing Keith mention the West Wing, it's reminded me that I really should watch it. I love anything Sorkin- Newsroom, Moneyball and Social Network. I also love anything politically based lately, like Veep, Thick of It and House of Cards. West Wing should be a sure fire winner for me, right?

Veep is just slightly softer than Thick Of It, and without a paedophile in the lead role.  I really love it.  Plus, well, she's still ridiculously hot.

Hated Damages though.

I wanted a new show to pass the time with, one which I could enjoy but wouldn't make me think too hard so I could do other things whilst watching it. I ended up going with The Blacklist which may well be the perfect 'half-attention' show of all time.

It's sort of comparable to early Mentalist in that it is a procedural but adds an overall story which is where the drama really is... Well I mean, it isn't, because it's just not that interesting but fun nonetheless. Though the main reason I watch it is for James Spader who I love so much in anything. The deliberate nature in how he delivers a line and how he is great in every scene he is in. His voice and mannerisms just keep me hooked.

I actually think that's 90% of the reason I chose to watch it, I was going through a load of Boston Legals recently and just remembered how much I enjoyed that show and him especially. The dialogue was perfect for the cast and at times it was one of the funniest shows on TV.

My point is, there are a few actors I will just watch anything because of them, James Spader is proof of that with the fairly mediocre Blacklist... And just like a character of his, I refuse to apologise for it. Now, where's that Rum Raisin.

• Paid Members

Adventure Time is ace, my daughter started watching it about a year ago. Brilliant characters and a rare case these days of the main protagonists not becoming boring after a while. Lumpy Space Princess is the best

Yep Adventure Time is just utterly fantastic. The episode called "Breezy" from earlier this year is probably one of the best episodes of TV I've seen this entire year. Over The Garden Wall is another show (only 10 episodes) with the same feel as Adventure TIme that totally blew me away. It's a classic, seek it out y'all.

Kids TV as a whole overall is loads better than the shite that was on when I was kid. If something like Legend Of Korra was on when I was 9-10 I would have been shitting my pants with excitement every week.

• Moderators

Definitely. Other than Maid Marian I think the kids TV of my heyday in the early 90s isn't much cop, I'd much rather have had an Adventure Time. BMO is one of my favourite characters in anything.

Edited by PowerButchi

Steve, did you ever give Generation Kill a go?

It's not that long, but it's really good.

Not yet but I think that one is more for me anyway. I'll plough through those during lunch times at work.

I think we're going to give The Good Wife a go first. It's on Canadian Netflix so it's easy enough to access. If it doesn't suit us I'm going to go for True Detective.

Steve, did you ever give Generation Kill a go?

It's not that long, but it's really good.

Not yet but I think that one is more for me anyway. I'll plough through those during lunch times at work.

I think we're going to give The Good Wife a go first. It's on Canadian Netflix so it's easy enough to access. If it doesn't suit us I'm going to go for True Detective.

The Good Wife I enjoyed not only because of Alan Cumming ( Tommy's Tale is worth a read!) and Michael J Fox. It's definitely an engrossing watch, bit formulaic in places but hey ho. Person of Interest is also quite decent if you like your Conspiracy Theory/ Enemy of the State vibe

I have the worst attention problems at times but i absorbed and adored every last second of True Detective, and i saw a shout for The Americans earlier which i have to echo, it seems to have flew under the radar over here which is sad as it's brilliant.