What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

There's a winter one and one later in the year, plus the regular, boring civilian one. The winter one is usually better.

Celebrity Big Brother begins on 7th January.  Patsy Kensit is rumoured to be taking part (which will probably be bullshit) and Danniella Westbrook (now this one sounds true) she needs the money for sure. And a roof over her head for that matter.

Edited by Glass Smash

Did anyone watch that new Black Mirror episode?

(it was on yesterday, right?)

Previous Black Mirror has been patchy, but worth watching when it has been good. I've not seen this yet though..

I agree that they've been patchy but I thought last night's was by far the best I've seen. Don Draper is excellent. Very creepy vibe and didn't go overboard with the "look how we're all slaves to technology" stuff some of the previous episodes did. It's there obviously but a bit more subtle. 

I really enjoyed the Christmas special. Most/all of the twists were pretty obvious, but the two leads were fine and it was told well enough to keep me hooked. Her who was Robb Stark's wife in Game of Thrones was fair shit, mind, some of the worst "proper" TV acting I've seen by an adult.

I think the episode with Toby Kebbell and the replaying memories was best -- I remember very little of the episode though, but the concept and theme was very good. 

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

The second series of Brian Pern: A Life In Rock has been equally as superb as the first. A veritable who's who of British comedy actors. From Al Murray as the over the top drummer in the backing band to Paul Whitehouse as the sulky Thotch guitarist. Just superb. The added Roger Moore this week was also brilliant. Watch them on iplayer if you missed them they are great.