What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Just watched the comedy awards. Why did they spend time on Mrs Browns Boys, which is less funny than my septic big toe, yet no mention even in passing of the sadly lost talent of Rik Mayall? Fucking travesty.

Enjoyed Babylon on C4, weird seeing Johnson from Peep Show play a normal character though.

Am up to date on Parks and Rec,Trailer Park Boys, Brooklyn Nine Nine and Blue Bloods (my guilty pleasure) now, so don't have a clue what I'll be watching over my Christmas break.

Have tried Orange is The New Black (crap except for nudity) and Justified (too cheesy) and Longmire (okay but a bit boring) over the last few weeks and couldn't really get into them.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed Babylon on C4, weird seeing Johnson from Peep Show play a normal character though.

Am up to date on Parks and Rec,Trailer Park Boys, Brooklyn Nine Nine and Blue Bloods (my guilty pleasure) now, so don't have a clue what I'll be watching over my Christmas break.

Have tried Orange is The New Black (crap except for nudity) and Justified (too cheesy) and Longmire (okay but a bit boring) over the last few weeks and couldn't really get into them.

Have you tried Lillyhammer on Netflix? I've watched the first two seasons (I think season three is on Netflix now) and it's decent.

I watched the panorama about Apple which aired last night.

It's always been known that Apple turn a blind eye to how workers are treated, but to get the actual filming was a sight to behold.

My favourite bit was when there were 14 suicides in the factory, the factory decided to do something about it... By hanging up netted sheets on stairwells so workers couldn't continue jumping to their deaths!

Apple is just the best, they've managed to somehow have the best of both worlds. They have the most loyal fan base who believe they are the standard for businesses, whilst also acting like a company which the exact Apple fan would boycott and cry murder about.

I have shares in Apple (bought at 75.89 in March), enough to it to actually make me check if the new reports would have any impact. And wouldn't you know it, Apple have stayed at about 112 all day.

I know a bbc report wouldn't likely have an effect on a Nasdaq company, but I do wonder what would have to happen to bring Apple down?

It's just a force unto themselves.

Definitely check it out, I find panoramas have gone downhill over the last few years but bbc really does this sort of stuff well.

• Paid Members

Just watched the last episode of Legend Of Korra. It was beautiful, exciting, badass and the perfect ending to the best show on TV this year.

The last few moments in particular were fairly groundbreaking.

A kids show ending with the main character going off on holiday with her gay lover. Though it was handled fairly subtle and it was a beautiful moment.

Anyone watch The Fall? I enjoyed it a lot, it's all still up on iPlayer I think. Gillian Anderson's still fantastic looking, and Jamie Dornan isn't bad either.

Is Peaky Blinders any good? Everything I've seen or heard of it has been influenced by it being set in Birmingham, so to general TV viewers who don't give two shits about Birmingham, is it worth a watch?

Apple is just the best, they've managed to somehow have the best of both worlds. They have the most loyal fan base who believe they are the standard for businesses, whilst also acting like a company which the exact Apple fan would boycott and cry murder about.

I love that they've managed it. Social Justice Warriors tweeting and Facebooking about inequality and evil capitalism from their iPads is the greatest thing in the world.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Anyone seen the Knick, Glue, Happy Valley or the Legacy?

Need a need show after the Killing (currently S2 of original version) any other fans? Really into it

Watched the first few episodes of Glue, but the characters didn't work for me so gave up. Happy Vally was excellent, got slightly convoluted at times, but the script and acting overcame that.