What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I always found it strange how they got away with pretty much flaunting the fact they ripped off the idea, it's like doing a friends ripoff called Pals or doing a show about a Taxi company called Cabs or something, at least pretend it was an original idea even if everyone knows it's not.

It's not really the same concept though; it's about the mother of the family, rather than the middle child - it's called The Middle as its meant to be about small town middle America.  The similarity is that there are 3 kids, and the soft tone of it.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it *shrug*  I assumed it would be shit, but it's grown on me.

• Moderators

It's a decent shitcom. It hasn't got Bryan Cranston scratching his hairy back with a spatula or roller skating but there's enough about it to give me sufficient viewing enjoyment until something better comes on.

I've downloaded and rewatched all of Malcolm once, and I'm not above doing it again, dammit!

The revelation in the big court case where it transpires that SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Hal has taken every Friday off work for three years is one of my top moments in TV history.

I've been watching Australian Masterchef and over the last week or do Marco Pierre White had been on it. That guys money but he is definitely better suited to working the territories. Anyone else been watching? It's quite different to the uk series.

• Paid Members

Anyone else seen the first couple of episodes of AHS: Freakshow?

If you haven't, get on it, so far it has been tremendous and the much talked about 'Clown' is living up to all the hype, with the usual cast playing a blinder as is the norm, and a few new additions standing out too, the 'spoilt son' character could very well be excellent. It's shaping up to be the best Horror Story out of all of them.

• Paid Members

Can I echo the earlier love of Detectorists. Gentle comedy to be sure but superbly acted and well written. It has the added bonus of having Simon Farnaby in it, and he was the guy who presented the programme on C4 about digging up Richard III in a Leicester car park.

Hank is great. He could easily come across as a massive cunt but never really does bar the odd incident. One of the things I liked about Breaking Bad was that as the series goes on and you come to realise who the real bad guy is they never shy away from the fact.