What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I'm halfway into the second season of Breaking Bad on Netflix, so no major spoilers please. Thankfully I'm so far behind watching it that I've forgotten any spoilers from first time round.

Anyway, am I wrong in thinking it's a bit shit? The first series was good but I didn't think it was anything special. Does it get better as the series go on? Or am I as well to find something else to watch?

I'm halfway into the second season of Breaking Bad on Netflix, so no major spoilers please. Thankfully I'm so far behind watching it that I've forgotten any spoilers from first time round.

Anyway, am I wrong in thinking it's a bit shit? The first series was good but I didn't think it was anything special. Does it get better as the series go on? Or am I as well to find something else to watch?

It is seriously slow.  In the first 2 series they cook up about twice.  It's frustrating and brilliant in equal parts for me.

Yeah Loki, frustrating is a good way to explain it. I'll see how I feel at the end of this series, it's a bit daft stopping halfway through I guess. I'm hoping the slow and frustrating pace is like a great heel working the crowd and there'll be a payoff worth the wait!

I was blown away by True Detective earlier in the year so I've probably let the quality of that heighten my expectations of BB too.

• Paid Members

American Horror Story Freak Show starts next week, reading the hype and preview stuff it appears to be the scariest series yet, which isn't too hard to do. But evil clowns must surely make good tv!?

• Paid Members

Been watching an expose of Twitter trolls of the McCanns on Sky News the last few days. Sky News are in the shit now, as one of them confronted at her door tops herself. Woman obviously had other issues going on, but still.

Fuck Sky News, man. Hate that station.

I finally started watching Sons of Anarchy. Most of the way through season two, now. I never watched it before because the premise didn't sound too appealing to me, but it's good. I can't stand Jacks, though.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

This McCann troll death story is all over the front pages of the papers today. I'm not into the tin foil conspiracies and admittedly I haven't had much chance to read into the full story but I found it a bit odd just how much the papers are trying to portray the woman as being evil for Tweeting that the McCanns were responsible for the death of Madeleine. It's as if they're trying to turn the foil feeders who might be talking about how the McCanns could be behind it into people who will instead jump all over people for suggesting it. "You think Madeleine's parents did it? You sicko! You should be deported etc etc". The papers (I'm linking the Daily Mail for no reason other than it was the first to come up in a Google search) have always ran stories like this... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html

Again, I'm one of the last people to think that the moon landing was staged or that lizards control holograms of Tupac but I do think this coverage is a bit OTT/odd.