What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Lost has kind of ruined me for other high concept tv shows. I just don't trust that they'll amount to anything. It's like The Leftovers, I'm watching it waiting for it to turn to shit without giving it a fair crack of the whip. Sweary violent tv shows are where I've turned to like some mopey teen whose been burnt by his parents divorce so has turned in to a goth and listens to death metal because I won't let them get close enough to hurt me again.

Earlier this week, Colin Farrell told an Irish newspaper that he'd got a spot in the second series of True Detective.

Now, HBO has confirmed his co-star will be Vince Vaughn.

Eight episodes will be made with Farrell starring as a detective and Vaughn as a criminal.

First time around, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey took centre stage, earning them critical plaudits and award nominations.

That series focussed on the intense relationship between Harrelson and McConaughey's flawed but determined detectives.

Without revealing any spoilers, HBO has revealed some early details about series two.

It says the plot will revolve around three police officers and a career criminal who must "navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder."

Farrell plays Ray Velcoro who HBO describe as "a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him."

As for Vaughn, he'll play Frank Semyon who is a "career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner."

And that's it.

There's no word on any appearances for Harrelson or McConaughey and no word on where the second series will be set.

Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey both received Emmy nominations for the first series of True Detective

Justin Lin, who's directed the last four Fast & Furious movies, will direct the first two episodes.

Production will begin later this year.

Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29337041

Edited by WyattSheepMask