UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

It's funny to think how modern day crowds would have reacted to 2000 era WWF, which for my money was the best week-to-week TV product ever produced by a national wrestling company.

Could easily have seen Raws being hijacked on behalf of Jericho and Benoit, and The Rock would likely have been a target of the You Can't Wrestle lads. Big Show would've been slaughtered.

• Paid Members

Big Show was gone for most of 2000 anyway wasn't he? That was when JR had a proper hard-on for Big Show eating some salad.

A chunk or so. He missed May-July, came back to join up with Shane again after Fully Loaded then only lasted another couple of weeks before they sent him to lose weight before he returned at the Rumble, not noticeably smaller.

Big Show was gone for most of 2000 anyway wasn't he? That was when JR had a proper hard-on for Big Show eating some salad.

A chunk or so. He missed May-July, came back to join up with Shane again after Fully Loaded then only lasted another couple of weeks before they sent him to lose weight before he returned at the Rumble, not noticeably smaller.

Aye but he still found his way into the main event of WrestleMania while he was there, and he notionally won the Royal Rumble. The WWE Universe would lose it's shit if an equivalent guy was pushed like that in 2016.

• Paid Members

Check out either Raw 107 or 108. Triple H's first video appearance is on there. I'm asking about a bit where Vince tells HHH (who is sitting on a chair in his "study room") to say something then screams at him "SAY SOMETHING!! SAY SOMETHING!!" and HHH is sitting there looking rather confused. Was that supposed to happen? Cheers!

ADDED: What's the deal with all the "Duckman" references too?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Duckman was a big late night show at the time on USA Network, and obviously RAW was on there too, they did similar mentions for La Femme Nikita all through 96 & 97. I want to say Ed Farrara was a writer on it and Russo was writing little bits for TV so chucked in a couple of mentions for his mate

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Any suggestions for shows to nostalgia-entertain a lapsed fan from the 1992 boom? Basically stuff from between Warrior winning the title and Backlund winning the title. Nothing too long, nothing too workratey, and ideally stuff that's got a good story or is funny to look back on. I can think of good bits from SummerSlam '91 (Bossman vs Mountie, Hogan/Warrior vs ISIS), the Rumble '92 match, WrestleMania VIII (Macho vs Flair, maybe Bret vs Piper), and SummerSlam '92 is a good spectacle.