UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

They never explicitly said he was leader no, as Tildeguy says Punk and Piper stirred the pot a bit during their feud with Punk but it's not like Cole was shouting 'here's the leader of the Shield' on every episode of Raw

All the Rollins/Architect stuff only started when he joined up with Hunter as well, pretty much as an excuse for why he turned

• Paid Members

At the very start they presented the Shield in a way that made Ambrose seem like a leader . To me atleast, it was never explicilty said but they did start to do that with Reigns. The moment that sticks out to me is when the Wyatts squared up to them and after a while Reigns took a step forward followed by the other 2. Definately gave the impression they where following his lead

I may only find the answer to this by trawling through Raws on the Network, but here goes;

What was the last Raw/Smackdown where the hard cam was on the other side of the arena? So the ramp is to the right of the screen? It seemed to happen occasionally years ago but I've not seen it outside of NXT for a long time.

Blimey, that's a hell of a question! Off the top of my head, I can remember it being that way when they were doing the Guest Raw Hosts, and Ted DiBiase set up a triple threat between Orton, Cena and HHH at Night of Champions, which I think was the July PPV at the time, and was either 2008 or 2009. I think the episode with Jeremy Picen announcing "Summerfest" also had the opposite setup

Does anyone know if the TNA card at The Genting Arena in Birmingham is a TV taping? If it is are these a pain in the arse and the fard dragged out a lot? How long would this last roughly? Cheers.

All the posters say every show is a taping. Based on the Impact tapings I went to in Manchester, there is hardly any delay between segments. The longest delay in anything happening in the ring was taking the cage down after the cage match.

By the way, it's not the Genting/NEC. It's the Barclaycard/NIA.

Thanks.

Just been skimming through latter day WCW, specifically the main events. What was the longest main event match in WCW? I know Warrior/Hogan went on for 12 years at Halloween Havoc but does anyone know after that please? WWF main events at the time used to go twenty minutes or more, but I always associate WCW wih shitty 8 minutes matches.

Many thanks.

• Paid Members

How far back do you want to go? Flair/Luger at WrestleWar '90 went 38 minutes.

Assuming you're mostly just interested in Hogan/Monday Night War era, excluding a couple of World Wars 3 that went 30ish, the longest main event I watched was Hogan & Rodman vs Dallas Page & Karl Malone from Bash at the Beach 98 which apparently only went 23:45 but felt like an eternity.

• Paid Members

Yep, WrestleWar 90 is definitely the longest (according to Pro Fight DB) after the Turner buyout. According to Wrestling Data, the longest of the Nitro era would be the World War III battle royale in 1995 and the longest 'normal' match would be Johnny B Badd vs Brian Pillman at Fall Brawl 95.

Just been skimming through latter day WCW, specifically the main events. What was the longest main event match in WCW? I know Warrior/Hogan went on for 12 years at Halloween Havoc but does anyone know after that please? WWF main events at the time used to go twenty minutes or more, but I always associate WCW wih shitty 8 minutes matches.

Many thanks.

It's a question I looked into many years ago after seeing interviews with Vince Russo responding to critisism about how bad Nitro was when he was booking.

His comments were along the lines of: "we have non-finishes and 30 second matches on Nitro every week because the average viewer doesn't stay on the same channel for more than a few minutes. And Nitro's purpose is to build up the PPVs ..." and this bit is made me look into it... "We have all the 20 minute matches the hardcore fans want on PPV each month". (Probably had a few bro's scattered in there too). 

It was in Russo's era that all of a sudden WCW were having 12 to 14 matches on each ppv, and practically none were going longer than 12 minutes.

• Paid Members

How is Mauro Ranallo doing announcing on Smackdown? 

His pretty unbearable on Twitter with his positive retweets which are mostly "never watch Smackdown but i do now cause i like your voice."

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Didn't even know Mauro Ranallo was doing commentary for WWE.

He has a lot of enthusiasm but to me he's a bit over the top.

That basically sums Ranallo up.

Was never much of a fan of his MMA commentary myself. The only time I could tolerate him was when he was paired with Bas Rutten in Pride. That combo worked, I guess because Rutten's likability offset a lot of Ranallo's irritating Millhouse off the Simpsons qualities. Bas' charisma kept them extremely listenable. Once Rutten left though, and Ranallo was paired with the awful Frank Trigg, it was all downhill from there.