UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

My series link still recorded it at the odd time and I had it on yesterday afternoon. Nothing on it kept my concentration though, I did other things at the same time

Yes it was on Sunday night for some reason. Back to Thursday this week. Good old Sky. 

My series link still recorded it at the odd time and I had it on yesterday afternoon. Nothing on it kept my concentration though, I did other things at the same time

OK, thanks. Sky aired an episode a few weeks old on think it was Friday night so thought I might have missed one or Sky made an error somewhere. 

• Paid Members

I think it just organically became a thing - the 1992 show being such a massive deal, they decided to replicate it the year after and continued to make it the "big deal" show other than the G1 final. Makes sense - new year, start new chapters.

Edited by air_raid

This is something I wondered after seeing Tyler Breeze & Sasha Banks make their final NXT appearances before getting called up:

What would the difference in pay be roughly, for somebody who gets promoted from main eventing NXT shows to being just-another-midcarder on the main roster?

Is it a life-changing difference for them, or just a bit extra due to doing more live events?

In NXT, they don't get any royalties or bonus pay, do they? Just their salary. In WWE, you'd be getting a cut of the box office, PPV, merch etc.

The NXT wages vary a lot as well. The ones who are there because WWE made them a better offer than anyone else, like Finn Balor and some of the college/pro athletes, are on a better wedge than Wannabe Wrestler #512. Apparently the average NXT salary is $45k, with some as low as $25k.

Stuff that was reported from the Viscera lawsuit (and this could be either absolute bollocks or a misquote or something): In 2007, Viscera's guarantee was $100k, and he made $178k in total for the year. In 2008, apparently they paid him $250k. But he was sacked in August 2008 and he hadn't even wrestled since March, so I don't know how they'd have arrived at that amount. 

Edited by King Pitcos

Did the commentary team ever start referring to Roman Reigns as the leader of the Shield? A mate keeps holding the point at which they started doing that as the point that he starting turning off Reigns, because of how obvious it was they were pushing him to be 'the man'. I don't remember that ever happening, aside from Rollins having the 'Architect' tag I don't recall them ever being presented as anything other than three equals.

Edited by Finbar

• Paid Members

Does anyone know if the TNA card at The Genting Arena in Birmingham is a TV taping? If it is are these a pain in the arse and the fard dragged out a lot? How long would this last roughly? Cheers.

All the posters say every show is a taping. Based on the Impact tapings I went to in Manchester, there is hardly any delay between segments. The longest delay in anything happening in the ring was taking the cage down after the cage match.

By the way, it's not the Genting/NEC. It's the Barclaycard/NIA.

Edited by air_raid

Did the commentary team ever start referring to Roman Reigns as the leader of the Shield? A mate keeps holding the point at which they started doing that as the point that he starting turning off Reigns, because of how obvious it was they were pushing him to be 'the man'. I don't remember that ever happening, aside from Rollins having the 'Architect' tag I don't recall them ever being presented as anything other than three equals.

i think it all started after Roman Reigns ended as the sole survivor in a match at Survivor Series, they then entered a feud with CM Punk where Roddy Piper teased that he was the main man.

Cheers. That might well have been the point at which they started grooming him for the top but even from then till the split they never really referred to him as the leader, did they? That was kind of the whole ethos of the Shield.