UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm currently living in China, in Jinan in the Shandong province. I get digital tv here but no idea if any of the channels I get carry WWE programming. Wikipedia says it's on "local channels" in China and the WWE website redirects to a random Chinese website. Can anyone advise if I can watch WWE TV here?

Watchin Raws from after Mania X7 (not the SmackDowns though because the Network.)

Upto May and is Austin is changing up his braces. Id heard he did this during his heel run, id heard he had red ones which hes worn aince ive been watching. This Raw in May he is wearing what im pretty sure are snakeskin pattern braces, which is awesome.

What other colour braces did he wear?

• Paid Members

Watchin Raws from after Mania X7 (not the SmackDowns though because the Network.)

Upto May and is Austin is changing up his braces. Id heard he did this during his heel run, id heard he had red ones which hes worn aince ive been watching. This Raw in May he is wearing what im pretty sure are snakeskin pattern braces, which is awesome.

What other colour braces did he wear?

He wore white ones during the King Of The Ring triple threat with Benoit and Jericho. Think he had gold ones at some point as well.

Edited by wandshogun09

He wore red ones at Backlash 01 when him and Trips won the tag titles, and gold ones at Judgement Day 01 vs Taker. Just watched both shows9 over the weekend.

Are these "gold braces" the snake skin ones? They are a golden colour but the pattern on them is snake skin.

I appreciate im marking out for a pair of knee braces but by saying they are gold doesnt do them justice. The pattern on them is delicious.

• Awards Moderator

I've been listening to SCG's Monday Night War timeline series (up to the end of 1996), and have a question about the proposed nWo TV show.

How was that going to work? Would it only feature nWo members, and would that not mean they could only fight each other? So why would they be fighting each other? Would every match be a 'we're mates, but fighting for shits and giggles', or would there always be dissension within the nWo? I can't quite get my head round how it would work.

I've been listening to SCG's Monday Night War timeline series (up to the end of 1996), and have a question about the proposed nWo TV show.

How was that going to work? Would it only feature nWo members, and would that not mean they could only fight each other? So why would they be fighting each other? Would every match be a 'we're mates, but fighting for shits and giggles', or would there always be dissension within the nWo? I can't quite get my head round how it would work.

I think because the proposed idea of the nWo, was that it wasn't so much a group of mates, but a whole new "company" coming into take over. So effectively, joining the nWo meant you sided with them in the takeover effort. I know when the genreal idea went it bit "tits up" they just stuck with being a group, so i presume if they did get there own TV show, it'd just be the same but with an "nwo roster" rather than nwo "team mates" if that makes sense?

• Paid Members

Wouldn't it have been a case of the NWO taking over WCW. Or becoming their own organisation?

Giving you something like NWO Nitro or NWO Thunder. Why the NWO would want to become an organised, structured company however is baffling.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced even they knew. If they had then surely the showcase for an nWo PPV wouldn't have been such an abortion.

I guess the idea was that the nWo would have moved past being a stable and become a brand. So no one would be in the nWo, it would just be a mini promotion with it's own titles and eventually "cross promoted" PPVs with WCW.

Pretty much what Raw & Smackdown almost became I guess. Could it have been any worse than what WCW became a year or two later? Who knows.

• Paid Members

On Nitro, 16/09/95 I think, Mean Gene in his shill for the hotline says one of the top WWF stars had a fight with a fan in the parking lot and came up short. What's that about? Not the HBK attack surely?

The F in WWF is censored too. It was a couple of shows before too talking about Luger. Why's that? I thought they didn't have to now?

• Paid Members

On Nitro, 16/09/95 I think, Mean Gene in his shill for the hotline says one of the top WWF stars had a fight with a fan in the parking lot and came up short. What's that about? Not the HBK attack surely?

Honestly, whatever you will have heard when you rang up, it will have been pure bullshit. But by then, they've got your money.

No idea, but I'd like it to be. They've still only got Prime Time up until 1987 at the minute so I'd say they're more likely to get all of them on first. Apart from New shows, do they have any archive stuff that was only an hour long on there? With it only being about 40 mins of actual footage they might not bother.