UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Is Kana / Asuka still working Japanese shows? Seen the name Asuka appear on a number of WAVE cards, right upto present day. Was that a stipulation in her contract or is it another Asuka? Incidentally I hate that name & assumed it was changed purely for WWE. She was Kana for the 12 years I watched her. Not sure why that name & its link to Lioness Asuka were chosen, as there's no particular connection I can think of, in terms of her training, companies she worked for etc. Plus, she'd have been in the 5 - 7 year old age range at the peak of Crush Gals fame.

Edited by KingofSports

• Paid Members

Is Kana / Asuka still working Japanese shows? Seen the name Asuka appear on a number of WAVE cards, right upto present day. Was that a stipulation in her contract or is it another Asuka? Incidentally I hate that name & assumed it was changed purely for WWE. She was Kana for the 12 years I watched her. Not sure why that name & its link to Lioness Asuka were chosen, as there's no particular connection I can think of, in terms of her training, companies she worked for etc. Plus, she'd have been about 3 or 4 years old at the peak of Crush Gals fame.

The WAVE Asuka is a rookie.

I dimly remember that someone - Asuka herself? Meltzer? - said there was no connection to Lioness Asuka. It's a place where the Japanese emperors used to live so maybe that?

Thanks fella. I think a supposed connection to Lioness Asuka was mentioned on one of the NXT broadcasts, but that was doubtless bollocks. She was introduced to NXT as Kana, which immediately (within seconds) became Asuka. Anyway, glad she's not operating under the latter 'at home'. Very impressed with the way she's transitioned. Plenty more to come from her yet.

Edited by KingofSports

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a wrestler that's even been moderately successful that has been from China?

Actual? No.

Plenty of kayfabe ones, though, like Gorilla Monsoon, Sammy Lee, The Mighty Chang, and a billion other offensive stereotypes.

Has there ever been a wrestler that's even been moderately successful that has been from China?

Kaientai were fairly memorable during the attitude boom, much moreso than most of the current roster. Even now, I wish I had the evil/indeed shirt. Funaki seems to have been on WWE's payroll in some form or another for nearly twenty years now, which is pretty successful.

• Paid Members

Kaientai were fairly memorable during the attitude boom, much moreso than most of the current roster. Even now, I wish I had the evil/indeed shirt. Funaki seems to have been on WWE's payroll in some form or another for nearly twenty years now, which is pretty successful.

Funaki, the Japanese-American…?

• Moderators

Obviously someone's vandalised it to say something other than Chinese. That's the problem with Wikipedia, anyone can edit it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was you trying to save face  after being wrong.

So yeah, I reckon you owe Pitcos an apology.