UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Whatever happened to the original Ministry of Slam podcast? That was pretty popular over here in terms of wrestling podcasts right? But it kinda just died from what I recall?

Weren't they the people behind the cluster duck nWo meet and greet? I imagine they went into hiding after screwing so many people over.

• Paid Members

I believe the original team, went off to do other projects and they ported the name over to a new show based in Scotland. I know Simon Miller had pretty much stopped even though he is now doing a wrestling podcast for Video Gamer. Lawrence Case went off to pursue his band Voodoo Vegas, and Martin Mathers moved to Germany to edit the Nintendo magazine. The other guy, whose name I forget I'm not sure, but it certainly went to a new format with new hosts which is when I stopped bothering with it. 

• Paid Members

Has pro wrestling ever officially done an "interim champion" deal?

It's happened in Japan at least a couple of times. I think the New Japan tag belts are the most high-profile title that had "interim" champions awaiting an injury healing to one half of the incumbents but don't quote me on that.

Shawn/Razor leading up to WM10 was pretty much that,

I wouldn't say that. Razor was the champion, Shawn had just kept his physical belt. It was a nice story to tell with Shawn upon his return, but Razor was definitely, 100% THE champion from the moment he pinned The Model until the moment he was pinned Diesel.

I believe the original team, went off to do other projects and they ported the name over to a new show based in Scotland. I know Simon Miller had pretty much stopped even though he is now doing a wrestling podcast for Video Gamer. Lawrence Case went off to pursue his band Voodoo Vegas, and Martin Mathers moved to Germany to edit the Nintendo magazine. The other guy, whose name I forget I'm not sure, but it certainly went to a new format with new hosts which is when I stopped bothering with it. 

Cheers for this. Martin got the boot from FSM right? Although played it off as though he he chose to leave. Guy came across like a right cock.

• Paid Members

Has pro wrestling ever officially done an "interim champion" deal?

It's happened in Japan at least a couple of times. I think the New Japan tag belts are the most high-profile title that had "interim" champions awaiting an injury healing to one half of the incumbents but don't quote me on that.

Shawn/Razor leading up to WM10 was pretty much that,

I wouldn't say that. Razor was the champion, Shawn had just kept his physical belt. It was a nice story to tell with Shawn upon his return, but Razor was definitely, 100% THE champion from the moment he pinned The Model until the moment he was pinned Diesel.

I'm kinda glad you said that, because I agree with you. I just thought if I didn't put that someone would give it as an answer straight away!

Same for the Punk situation too, which ended up a real mess that was neither one thing nor the other, as has frequently been discussed.

Cheers for the info on Japan!

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

I've just checked and it was the IWGP Tag belts, although they used the phrase "provisional" rather than "interim" but same deal.

Same for the Punk situation too, which ended up a real mess that was neither one thing nor the other, as has frequently been discussed.

I view that thus - Punk was the champ, then he (storyline) left. They crowned a new champ. He had his physical belt still when he came back. So what? The title went from Cena to Punk, was vacated when Punk (storyline) left and was won by Rey, then passed to Cena, who lost it back to Punk at SummerSlam. Simple.

Whatever happened to the original Ministry of Slam podcast? That was pretty popular over here in terms of wrestling podcasts right? But it kinda just died from what I recall?

Weren't they the people behind the cluster duck nWo meet and greet? I imagine they went into hiding after screwing so many people over.

Only in hiding until they feel enough time has passed to do comedy "fuck you all, we got away with it" photos.. 

11150972_10153270757063558_1221755244933

That's not Chris Duke or any of the other two organisers is it? The guy on the far right is Bravehart I think, the Scottish shitarse who runs SWE in Dundee.

Duke is involved with SWE, or at least was. Those shirts were never officially sold at any of the events. So he is definitely involved in the photo's creation.